You are not logged in.

#1 15-06-16 19:11:14

CrystalAK

Which is better Manual or Automatic to learn in

I'm wondering if I should learn to drive in either a manual or an automatic car.

I would prefer to do my test in a manual, however, my father has an automatic.

If I were to learn in a manual and my father takes me for a practice run in his car. Would this confuse me? Or would it be better just to stick with one?

15-06-16 19:11:14

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Which is better Manual or Automatic to learn in

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 15-06-16 21:05:06

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Re: Which is better Manual or Automatic to learn in

Auto is a little easier to learn in, but then you can only drive auto after test. If this is ok for you then go that way.
In some areas auto instructors can be harder to find.

If you were OK with gears and clutch before, then consider going that way again, if it doesn't work out for you, you could always swap. Passing in a manual allows you to drive either type of car.

As for lessons in manual and private practice in auto, well, that's is very much down to you. For some people, this would confuse the hell out of them. For others they will handle the conversion ok. It's impossible to predict how it would work for you.

Board footer