You are not logged in.

#1 14-10-15 18:46:16

Ibbzy

Insurance

Hi all!!!

I have leased a vehicle from Hitachi and am looking for instructor insurance, as this is the first time around. Can someone please guide me? as do's and dont's of instructor insurance, am i right in thinking its not as expensive as one might think? is it not as cheap as some people say? Please help!

Regards:
Ibbzy big_smile

14-10-15 18:46:16

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Insurance

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 14-10-15 21:15:38

VandADI
Administrator

Hi Ibbzy,
Probably best to ring around and get an idea of insurance companies are charging, as it does vary from person to person.
Have a look at http://www.drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/vi … p?id=44313  for names and numbers of insurance companies.

#3 15-10-15 12:40:27

Lady-Hynarc
Verified Member

Hi Ibbzy,

Further to what Vanda has suggested, I would just add that money is only half the issue.  You need to be able to trust the broker and the insurance company to deal with any issues painlessly and hassle-free.  At the end of the day should the worst happen (and it will!) and you need to claim, you need someone who doesn't make it difficult.  I have been with Waveney from day one and have had to make two claims, both for non-fault accidents.  They were dealt with professionally and swiftly with no real hassle for me.  Okay the procedure is a little bit cack-handed at times and is there to make sure everyone gets a piece of the pie but ultimately everything is sorted effectively.

I had the option to change this year and even though it took a call to get Waveney to come down to the sort of money requested by other insurance brokers, I am happy to pay a tiny bit more because I know I'll get the service that I require when I require it.

#4 15-10-15 21:00:14

Lynne
Verified Member

I'm with Lloyds Latchford ..my wing mirror was knocked off by a bin lorry last year ... luckily I had a witness.  Their claims handlers (sorry I've forgotten who they are) were great ..it was under my excess but they got onto it and recovered my money.

#5 15-10-15 22:22:24

Ibbzy

Thank you all. I called master cover, got a ridiculous quote for a new Fiesta 1.5 tdci 5dr (£2300) Asked for a quote for a Audi A3 SE Technik and that was the same £(2300) said its because ive never had any insurance policy of my own before ive always been a named driver hence its that high.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 18-10-15 20:06:13

Mentor
Verified Member

Ibbzy wrote:

Thank you all. I called master cover, got a ridiculous quote for a new Fiesta 1.5 tdci 5dr (£2300) Asked for a quote for a Audi A3 SE Technik and that was the same £(2300) said its because ive never had any insurance policy of my own before ive always been a named driver hence its that high.

Wow! just Wow. That nearly £2k more than I pay.

#7 10-06-16 15:34:27

wepayanyexcess
Website

As Lady-Hynarc andLynne say, the best thing is to shop around but make sure you are confident in their ability to deal with a claim in a professional and swift manner, dont gamble on not needing to use their services.

Board footer