You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 02-06-16 08:54:52

CraigWatson

Open Source Practical Test Cancellation Check Tool

Hi everyone,

I've been learning to drive for the last few months and have recently booked my practical test ... for September!

It's the first date that the test centre will give me that my instructor can also make, and he mentioned sites that check for cancellations on your behalf and notify you, for anything between £10 and £30.

I'm a systems admin by profession, so I thought I'd have a crack at writing something that can do the same thing. The finished script is written in PHP and based loosely on another I found in Python.

It does need a degree of technical knowledge to use (you need to know what PHP is, how to install it and modify a file), but it should be relatively straight-forward.

https://github.com/craigwatson/dvsa-test-check

In the spirit of open source, if anyone has any feature requests, contributions or just fancies testing it out for themselves, feedback would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers,
Craig

02-06-16 08:54:52

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Open Source Practical Test Cancellation Check Tool

#2 03-06-16 07:15:27

Triplea35
Verified Member

Re: Open Source Practical Test Cancellation Check Tool

Nice idea Craig and it would be useful to have a personal cancellation checker.

Unfortunately when you said 'it does need a degree of technical knowledge' I think you meant 'it does need a Degree in Technical Knowledge'  smile It's all French to me!

Good Luck with it and your test though.

Board footer