You are not logged in.

Professional online theory test software for independent driving instructors  photo Banner-Animation2-1.gif RDAC

#1 03-03-16 21:44:57

Gooner326

New to forum - contemplating ADI Career

Hello - my name is Doug. I have joined this forum as I am seriously contemplating trying to become an ADI. I am coming to the end of a 30 year police career which is somewhat focusing my attention. I consider myself to be an OK driver and drove response vehicles 20 years ago prior to joining CID. I have recently helped my daughter get through her test and in the process of doing so have enjoyed driving again for the first time in many a year. I like the idea of instilling safe driving into new drivers and wondered if I could make the ADI route one for me.

I have started reading the relevant DVSA books and understand the training / qualification process. I have registered my interest with the large companies and looked at some local options too. l havn't committed to anything yet but I am looking to be qualified if at all possible by Feb 17.

So - up for any advice.

Specific questions I have are:

If I start with a company on a full time basis - what am l going to be clearing after overheads , fuel etc.

If I went with a large training set up, anyone want to suggest which one and why?

(Smart driving seem financially attractive and claim to be different from other national set ups - thoughts?)

I live on the Hampshire,Sussex,Surrey border. Any independent trainers out there you could recommend.

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and any advice you may have.

Doug

Last edited by Gooner326 (04-03-16 00:25:34)

03-03-16 21:44:57

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: New to forum - contemplating ADI Career

Board footer