You are not logged in.

#1 26-11-15 00:35:28

Ford

Hi all I need some advice!

Hi all, I need some advice.

I moved to the UK in July 2015 and I have been driving with my Tunisian license (where I'm from) as I know you can do this for 1 year but 1 year only.

Does anyone know if when I apply and receive my UK provisional license I can still drive unaccompanied with my Tunisian one or can I no longer use it?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

26-11-15 00:35:28

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Hi all I need some advice!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 26-11-15 08:11:42

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Yes, you can still drive unaccompanied on your Tunisian licence up to the one year limit.

#3 26-11-15 08:15:53

Triplea35
Verified Member

You can continue to drive with your Tunisian licence for the 12 months.

It is not uncommon for candidates with a foreign licence to turn up for test unaccompanied and without L Plates. You must put L plates on for the test though as you will be driving under the provisions of your UK provisional licence

Would strongly advise though that you take some professional instruction as the UK test is set at a much higher standard than many other countries.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 26-11-15 09:27:26

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Triplea35 wrote:

... Would strongly advise though that you take some professional instruction as the UK test is set at a much higher standard than many other countries.

I can't speak on behalf of the other Australian jurisdictions, only the Northern Territory, but after surfing this forum (and other UK forums) for many many years now it is apparent that the UK has higher standards then here.

I have always advocated getting professional lessons, Ford.
Some years ago I bought my first motorbike.
I was living in the remote Outback gold-mining town of Tennant Creek when I applied at the Police Station for my motorcycle licence (there was no DSA equivalent in the little town) the police constable glanced out the window and said I should could do with a bigger bike and typed out my licence. No test ride!
Since then I've had many motorcycles, my crowning glory being a much-loved MotoGuzzi California cruiser - after I moved to Darwin I found out the government ran motorcycle courses.
I was a bit miffed when they insisted I started with the "beginner's course", but I attended one and got a surprise.
I thought I knew all there is to know about motorcycling.
It turned out I knew very little!

So the moral of the story is: one never knows as much as one thinks one does - get professional lessons.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

Board footer