You are not logged in.

#1 28-09-15 11:28:50

BLP123

INTRODUCTION BLP123 hampshire/wiltshire

Good Afternoon all,

I live on the Hampshire/Wiltshire border (down South). I have previously been a PCV driver, (1999-2005). I then went back into working with people with Learning Disabilities and trained as a nurse working for the NHS for just under 5 years (various reasons why this career now doesn't suit).

I have spent a few months researching on-line about becoming a driving instructor. I have met with a really nice Regional Manager from LDC, who offer training, and then what appears to be a fairly low cost Franchise deal. It's between 80-100 pw for the car and £42 pw for the actual franchise itself! This seems to be one of the lowest in the industry (I am sure you'll tell me differently). I realise there are no guarantees of pupils and therefore work but it would not be in LDC's interest to starve you of work, would it because they would not get their money, surely? And they've a reputation to keep, as in people would soon spread the word if there was no work and they were unable to make payments, especially in this day and age of the internet?!

I guess I was hoping that other people from LDC might respond on here with their experiences because when you read through some of the forums it really does seem to be a mixed bag of messages! Some people definitely saying it is not worth becoming a driving instructor (Tho they've enjoyed the job for many years)! Some saying do not go with any of the big companies as they're just money grabbing?!?!?

I have not parted with any money and from my research it really does seem to be a job that you get out o it what you put in? In other words if you really are prepared to work/study hard then you will probably pass the exams and tests. And equally if you put in the time and effort to build up your school it will pay off. It does seem to be a career that suits some people and not others...

Thoughts and comments please...

Thanks very much.

Brian

28-09-15 11:28:50

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: INTRODUCTION BLP123 hampshire/wiltshire

#2 28-09-15 20:31:37

Gizmotime
Administrator

Welcome Brian, hope all goes well for you.

Giz

#3 28-09-15 21:20:13

VandADI
Administrator

Hi Brian and welcome to our forum  smile

#4 29-09-15 12:41:37

BLP123

Appreciate the welcome.

Is this an active forum now or would I be better looking on Facebook etc for some comments/answers etc?

Thanks

Brian

#5 29-09-15 16:14:54

VandADI
Administrator

Hi Brian,
This is an active forum but it would appear that not many instructors from LDC here to advise.  Facebook is more instant, and does seem to be a popular choice these days for instant information.  Have you tried joining one of the many PDI/ADI facebook pages out there?

#6 30-09-15 15:05:18

BLP123

Ok thank you.

Board footer