You are not logged in.

#1 19-08-15 09:59:41

Jolan Driving
Verified Member
Website

Cancelled driving tests

Never heard of this before hoping someone might shed some light on it for me. I've just had two pupils who had tests booked for the 7th & 8th September cancelled by the DSA and they have rebooked them in for the 5th November over 8 weeks later than originally planned.

"We can not conduct your test  due to your examiner no longer being available"

That's 3 weeks time surely they have some sort of cover. I guess examiner  has had an emergency situation  arise or having an operation but to make them wait 8 weeks on top of original time is poor. I know waiting times are long at the moment but this is not good.

Many thanks

19-08-15 09:59:41

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Cancelled driving tests

#2 19-08-15 12:32:35

Mentor
Verified Member

One of my local test centres had an examiner phone in sick on Monday morning which would have meant all tests for him would be cancelled. However the TCM came in on his day off at a moments notice to cover the tests. He gets brownie points from me for that. The machine that is the DVSA doesn't give a damn on the impact it's decisions have on their customers, a few individuals at local level do and good on them.

#3 21-08-15 17:39:27

Triplea35
Verified Member

Turned up for 8.10am test this morning and was a little worried when saw two examiners private cars but three candidates attending. Sure enough at the appointed time examiners come out and one explains that an examiner has gone sick, and although they have arranged for another to attend to cover the remaining tests of the day he would not be able to do my pupils, and pupil would get new date.

Pupil obviously disappointed but in fairness to DVSA this was my first cancelled test in five years other then a couple due to icy roads. Current test waiting is 13th October and seen few cancellations recently so expected a bit of a wait.

Pop home two hours later to have a quick look at the DVSA Booking Service and see if any available dates. Surprised to find they had already reallocated a new test date and for the 4th Sept! Pupil and I both happy with that. Well Done DVSA!

Last edited by Triplea35 (21-08-15 17:40:41)

#4 31-08-15 14:44:16

Jolan Driving
Verified Member
Website

One of the pupils managed to get another test booked in for last Thursday at a different test centre and she passed but talking to the examiner who normally works at the test centre that cancelled four of my pupils tests said that the test centre is shut for a month due to help and safety. I got a feeling it's asbestos or something structural all the examiners have been shipped out to neighbouring test centres.

Board footer