You are not logged in.

#1 15-07-05 06:40:42

sammie

What Oil

Being thick here  roll  i have a Corsa 1.2 p reg, it need oil and i dont know which one to buy, i went to halfords and was directed to a book and left so i came out none the wiser, can any one help please, would hate to put the wrong oil in  roll  wink

Ta big_smile

Idid it smile if i can anyone can

15-07-05 06:40:42

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: What Oil

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 15-07-05 07:47:52

adi
Verified Member
Website

If you really are not sure and find the charts hard to interpret go to a vauxhall dealership and ask the mechanics what oil, the important thing is getting the viscosity correct for your type of engine.

#3 15-07-05 07:55:18

sammie

Thanks smile

#4 15-07-05 09:08:23

Mmm

Dont ever buy anything important (like oil) from halfrauds, what you describe sounds typical of the monkeying that goes on in there, go to a proper motor factors, you know the tiny smelly little car shops with one guy inside smoking a fag who smells of cabbage but has owned the shop for the last 92 years and really knows his stuff and he will see you right. The guy in halfWITords probably just wanted to get back to talking to his mates about shiny gearknobs.
Basically you need to know the viscocity and is expressed as something like 15w/40, 20w/50, you must get both numbers right, my moneys on 15w40 but check with your vaux dealer or in your owners handbook as mentioned above. Also you need to know whether you need mineral, synthetic or semi-synthetic, probably mineral but do check. If its only to top up oil rather than do a complete oil change it probably wont matter too much but best to get the right stuff.
good luck, good to know people do actually do their car checks ever!!
and apologies to anyone who works at halfords.

#5 15-07-05 14:28:06

sammie

Hiya smile  it was 15w/40w, thanks for that big_smile

#6 15-07-05 17:01:28

Dundeeguy
Verified Member

10w/40 semi synthetic is also fine for your car

Board footer