You are not logged in.

#1 15-06-15 21:20:27

Jonesn253

Core competencies

Hi well I'm currently going through my pt3 20 hours additional before my test. Does anyone have any good suggestions for remember the core compentencies when fault correcting and fault finding. I keep forgetting to tell them why it's important to say for example check your left mirror on a roundabout. Any ideas?

15-06-15 21:20:27

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Core competencies

#2 15-06-15 21:23:46

Evan
Administrator

Hi and welcome.
In answer to your question, why is it important?

#3 15-06-15 22:38:41

Jonesn253

I just keep forgetting to tell them why they shouldn't do the fault they are making. I thought it's important that you should Go through core compentencies. So spot the fault, tell them what they did. Tell them why they shouldn't and put it right. I just seem to spot the fault and put it right. I just feel like on this pt 3 I'm going to get ripped apart lol. I seem to hear the best way of getting through pt3 is a bombardment of Q&A lol. I find instructional level hard as well. Not trained is easy. Full talk through. But someone who is partly trained I struggle with getting the instructional level right. Any tips on that?  So I suppose there's 2 sort of questions I have there.

#4 16-06-15 06:39:08

Evan
Administrator

If they are struggling to remember part trained revert back to talk through, but get them to talk through with you on a couple of junctions, then try easing back on your instruction whilst they carry on talking themselves through it.
The transition from talk through to independent in a real life situation can generally be slower than a part 3 as normally the examiner will respond quicker to the correct technique then a student would due to the time allowed for the test.

#5 16-06-15 11:35:41

Jonesn253

Thank you. God I sowmtimes think have I made the right desision becomes get a driving instructor but I know that it will get better as I become more confident in my instructional abilities. Worse thing is I don't the area that well yet. Got to learn it.

#6 16-06-15 16:20:25

daz6215
Verified Member

As Evan said dont tell them, ask them why! If they dont know then tell them.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#7 17-06-15 14:13:52

christhedrummer
Verified Member
Website

Stick a large post it note to your dash with the word WHY in big letters on it - nice handy reminder.

Board footer