You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 10-06-15 13:00:47

johnp
Verified Member

AP Retires.!!

http://content.govdelivery.com/accounts … I.facebook

Well he did not last long.
It must have been all the consultation he got involved in that stressed him out.

Privatisation Looms.

Driving is books-
1. "safe and responsible INDEPENDENCE."
2. "DISABILITY into ABILITY" 
3. "PSYCHOLOGY than SYSTEMS.
www.drivingincludesu.co.uk

10-06-15 13:00:47

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: AP Retires.!!

#2 10-06-15 13:10:30

Roadmaster
Verified Member

Bring back Rosemary!   lol

#3 10-06-15 21:47:07

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Who is AP? I noticed he got a mention on another forum as well (I'm not from the UK so I don't know him).

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#4 11-06-15 07:07:05

Triplea35
Verified Member

Alistair People's. We inherited him on the merger of DSA and VOSA.

https://www.gov.uk/government/people/alastair-peoples

Actually just saw Johnp posted a link to his actual retirement announcement in OP  Zipper.

Last edited by Triplea35 (11-06-15 07:09:40)

#5 11-06-15 12:25:35

johnp
Verified Member

Hi Zipper,

AP lost credibility when he declined to consult with those bodies who had consultative status.

I think dictatorial would probably be a good description, but maybe all Civil Servants are by nature out of touch with reality.

No doubt the next one will be the same but I expect they will be from the Private Sector.

Driving is books-

#6 12-06-15 00:50:33

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

AP is obviously cast in the same mold as most senior officials in the MVR (our equivalent of the DSA) - I've noticed that the MVR have a penchant for appointing like minded people to senior posts so the situation never improves  mad

The retired husband of my colleague Connie was in a meeting with senior MVR officials yesterday representing a senior citizen's organisation. He came home very upset, the Director of the MVR actually raised her voice to a shout when responding to his question about the validity of our eye test, saying it was the law and that was that.
Charming - but then, that particular person is noted for her charm, ability to listen, etc. Not.

Connie and I had issues (still have) with certain aspects of the industry down here, we didn't get satisfaction at instructor/MVR meetings so Connie arranged a meeting with the Director, just the two of them to discuss issues privately.
The Director ushered Connie into her office and asked her to sit, then went out and came back with three or four other MVR officials in tow - so much for the private one-on-one discussion that had been arranged. Cowardly?

One official in charge of examiners and licensing policy has retired - thank heavens (though the thought of "NW" enjoying his non-earned retirement money still galls me at times).
NW had to be the arrogant, obnoxious, self-centred and dictatorial person I knew.
He was responsible for stuff-ups like the student's log-book instructing the learner to release the brake BEFORE finding the friction (biting) point on the hill-start.
And he insisted the correct "moving-off sequence" was to select the gear before anything else or candidates would fail the hill-start, when asked why he would say it's the "system" but would not elaborate, we assumed he was referring to the Hendon System (I never hear about The System Of Vehicle Control these days, has it fallen out of favour)?
Neither issue was addressed until after NW left.

NW once addressed an instructor's meeting, he stood up front and talked about how he was the top of the heap and "the" expert in all matters to training assessing and licensing.
On the whiteboard he wrote down a list of people driver training industry in order of competence.
Naturally his name was at the top, and alongside his name he wrote the word "BONZER" (a word I've never actually heard a fellow Aussie use before).
Officials directly under him were next, followed by instructors, and lastly his examiners were at the bottom (yet NW was directly responsible for their performance).
After the meeting a few of us decided that "bonzer" wasn't the correct word to describe NW, the word we preferred did end in "er" though.

I ran an instructor course with a co-trainer, at the end of the course we invited NW to address the group of soon-to-be qualified instructors.
We were hoping he would welcome them to the industry and describe his position in the scheme of things, instead he talked down to the group and told them he would not tolerate any criticism of himself or his staff.
Refreshments were to follow but my co-trainer & myself made sure NW had left the building before they were brought in.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#7 12-06-15 15:53:18

johnp
Verified Member

Very amusing Zipper.
We obviously sent the 'bonzer' genes over the seas a couple of hundred years ago.

Driving is books-

Board footer