You are not logged in.

#1 09-04-15 18:38:04

craig.von

dvla not been notified off my test pass .

Hi I passed my driving test on the 30th of march and checked on dvla today and it still says ive got a provisional licence so called dvla and they said they've not been notified that I passed . is this normal to take this long ?
Ps my examiner took my license to  send it off for me

09-04-15 18:38:04

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: dvla not been notified off my test pass .

#2 09-04-15 19:26:40

Fulton

Have you phoned the test centre, even speak with the examiner ?  smile

#3 09-04-15 19:33:38

Roadmaster
Verified Member

DVSA don't send your licence off, they  destroy them at the TC.  When you pass the examiner advises that it could take a couple of weeks for your full licence to arrive,  so it isn't overdue yet, also considering easter holidays.   
As above, phone the TC for some advice.

There's also a tel. no. you can call on the back of your pass certificate.

Last edited by Roadmaster (09-04-15 19:34:54)

#4 09-04-15 21:09:20

DonT
Verified Member

I believe you have proof of passing the test, it is what the examiner gave you when you passed the test, the certificate. If you are stopped by the police produce this, if you are asked for identification in a pub produce a passport or leave. smile

#5 09-04-15 21:44:26

craig.von

When I passed I asked if I need to carry the pass certificate or if it will be on the database and he said no I don't need to carry it as he will do it now . So good job I aint been stopped when I didn't have the certificate on me else they would inpound my car as no proof .I thought the dvla was notified electronically now at the tc

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 09-04-15 23:43:36

Fulton

craig.von wrote:

When I passed I asked if I need to carry the pass certificate or if it will be on the database and he said no I don't need to carry it as he will do it now . So good job I aint been stopped when I didn't have the certificate on me else they would inpound my car as no proof .I thought the dvla was notified electronically now at the tc

What has your insurance company got to say assuming you've told them you need cover as a full licence holder and drive without L plates ? smile

#7 10-04-15 00:10:38

craig.von

My insurance aint asked to see my license and yes its insured correctly

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 10-04-15 02:05:27

Fulton

craig.von wrote:

So you remain insured as a provisional licence holder who drives with L plates ? smile

#9 10-04-15 02:17:44

craig.von

DonT wrote:

if you are asked for identification in a pub produce a passport or leave. smile

dont think that is a issue im 35 and dont drink lol

#10 10-04-15 02:18:58

craig.von

Fulton wrote:
craig.von wrote:

So you remain insured as a provisional licence holder who drives with L plates ? smile

No I'm insured as a full licence holder they just aint asked to see my licence and why would I display l plates when I've got a full licence lol

Last edited by craig.von (10-04-15 03:12:38)

#11 10-04-15 14:10:59

Fulton

craig.von wrote:
Fulton wrote:
craig.von wrote:

No I'm insured as a full licence holder they just aint asked to see my licence and why would I display l plates when I've got a full licence lol

Using your name and date of birth Insurance companies know from the DVLA what kind of licence you hold which according to you shows as a provisional one, your insurance cover will be based on that unless you have contacted them with a copy of your pass certificate smile

#12 10-04-15 14:42:23

craig.von

Fulton wrote:
craig.von wrote:
Fulton wrote:

Using your name and date of birth Insurance companies know from the DVLA what kind of licence you hold which according to you shows as a provisional one, your insurance cover will be based on that unless you have contacted them with a copy of your pass certificate smile

Its showing as a full licence on dvla now and as for my insurance they know ive just passed as I done it just after I passed

#13 10-04-15 17:46:07

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Fulton wrote:
craig.von wrote:
Fulton wrote:

This is incorrect information.

They know that DVLA systems take time to update they are quite happy to accept the information by phone.

If someone tells them lies it is not a problem, they just void the policy.

#14 10-04-15 17:56:45

Fulton

kaf wrote:
Fulton wrote:
craig.von wrote:

This is incorrect information.

They know that DVLA systems take time to update they are quite happy to accept the information by phone.

If someone tells them lies it is not a problem, they just void the policy.

Your being pedantic, phone them, send them a copy, pop into the office its irrelevant the method, they would need to know smile

#15 10-04-15 21:07:26

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi
Kaf is correct,they take your word over the phone(or net)and accept that info is true.
If you have given false info then your insurance is null and void.
The dvla have never been the quickest!
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

Board footer