You are not logged in.

#1 28-03-15 11:24:56

VandADI
Administrator

Clocks go forward one hour....

Can't wait for those lighter evenings, clocks go forward one hour tonight 1am  smile

28-03-15 11:24:56

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Clocks go forward one hour....

#2 28-03-15 15:18:53

Fulton

Soon we can work from 6am to 10pm at night with all the daylight hours  big_smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 29-03-15 08:56:16

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

We don't have Daylight Savings down here in the NT (South Australia and the states either side of us have DS and apparently revert to normal time next week).
I'm old enough to remember when DS was first introduced in South Australia, there was outrage from a portion of the public - but the reasons that some of them were upset about were quite bizarre:
E.g. some said it would upset the day/night cycle of plants and crops would fail, or the chooks (domestic fowl) would be disoriented and stop laying. roll big_smile

It reminds me of when FM radio was mooted to replace AM, on a talk-back radio program a listener asked the DJ what AM / FM was about.
He cooly replied that AM was slow and only worked properly in the morning ('AM', geddit?) but FM ('Fast Mode') worked all the time and faster FM radio waves could catch up with a speeding car.
The listener was quite happy with that explanation (I've been trained as an electronics technician and nearly exploded).

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

Board footer