You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#26 24-02-15 13:22:26

SucceedwithCharlotte

Re: New ADI - Website & SEO questions

MGM wrote:

I like the overall look of the site.

One question - why no picture of Charlotte? Surely that's more important than a picture of the car?

FWIW I'd drop the stuff about the car altogether. I can only remember two pupils in seven years who were remotely interested in what car they were driving!

Also, the prices. You don't say how long a lesson lasts. Also, I'd be structuring the prices to encourage them to take two-hour lessons.

I am trying to get a pic of her but I work long hours so can't get a good one of her next t othe car sad Hopefully this weekend though. I do keep saying we need a pic of her on the site though. I'm still trying to get a pic of the dash and all too. Will only take 10mins to edit pics & get them on the site, just depends on what light I have outside at the time big_smile.

And about prices, I've suggested charging £42 for 2 hours. Would make more sense as no time wasted driving to next pupil etc. But, you know how it is, her business her rules.

Update: Thanks to this forum my site is starting to go higher on google now. Still got alot more of the backlinks to add in though. So just want to say thatnks to everyone that has contributed!

24-02-15 13:22:26

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 24-02-15 13:27:57

Loopy Lou
Verified Member

I agree with Zipper and disagree with MGM - don't drop the car page!

People will search for "driving lessons in a *insert car*", usually this is because they already have use of a specific type of car for private practice or they intend buying one (e.g "My mum takes me out in her Ford Fiesta", or "My parents have bought me a Vauxhall Corsa for my 17th birthday" etc).

I also agree with the suggestion of a photo of Charlotte - people engage with someone "real", especially nervous learners, so make the "about me" page reflect as much of Charlotte's personality and style as possible smile

Add some testimonials/customer comments if possible (real ones of course!) and some photos of happy smiling pupils proudly clutching test pass certificates. Some ADIs sneer at these, but they are psychologically useful to a potential customer as they "prove" that the instructor knows what they're doing!

DON'T whatever you do, use "stock images" you can download/buy on photo sharing websites as they appear on countless driving instructor websites the length and breadth of the country. They look false and unconvincing as they are posed by cheesy looking models and if a potential customer sees the same photo on more than one site as they look around, they're quite likely to be confused or even totally put off.

MGM is quite right about the Prices page - how long is a lesson? Pricing is usually per hour.

It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful...

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#28 24-02-15 13:46:21

SucceedwithCharlotte

Loopy Lou wrote:

I agree with Zipper and disagree with MGM - don't drop the car page!

People will search for "driving lessons in a *insert car*", usually this is because they already have use of a specific type of car for private practice or they intend buying one (e.g "My mum takes me out in her Ford Fiesta", or "My parents have bought me a Vauxhall Corsa for my 17th birthday" etc).

I also agree with the suggestion of a photo of Charlotte - people engage with someone "real", especially nervous learners, so make the "about me" page reflect as much of Charlotte's personality and style as possible smile

Add some testimonials/customer comments if possible (real ones of course!) and some photos of happy smiling pupils proudly clutching test pass certificates. Some ADIs sneer at these, but they are psychologically useful to a potential customer as they "prove" that the instructor knows what they're doing!

DON'T whatever you do, use "stock images" you can download/buy on photo sharing websites as they appear on countless driving instructor websites the length and breadth of the country. They look false and unconvincing as they are posed by cheesy looking models and if a potential customer sees the same photo on more than one site as they look around, they're quite likely to be confused or even totally put off.

MGM is quite right about the Prices page - how long is a lesson? Pricing is usually per hour.

I agree with everything you say. Photo of Charlotte will come as soon as I can take a good one with her! Hopefully this weekend. No testimonials of passes yet, on the way though.

I was looking at competitor sites and I HATE the stock images, the stand out for the worse. Its so easy to take a personalised picture and edit with photo editing software.

Note taken on pricing, will have a word with charlie later about it (again tongue) and include the time per lesson.

#29 24-02-15 22:37:03

Laurence Jacquemin ADI
Verified Member
Website

Was just looking at the website again and can see the only social media is Facebook, I think one of your priorities has to be to get registered on a lot more social media (namely Google + and Twitter, I also have profiles on Pinterest, Flickr, Tumblr, LinkedIn and YouTube), as social media is where it is at and from what I understand is vital to a good ranking on Google, especially Google + as there is believed to be a direct link between a Google ranking and Google + activity and the number of +1's on your Google + page, after all you are wanting to rank well on Google so it makes sense that Google want you to use their social media platform.

Also another thing to add to your list, sorry you probably have a couple of pages of things to do!, is to create a nice Favicon (the little picture that appears in the URL box on your browser).

The hard work will pay off I am sure and within a few months you should be ranked within the top 3!

#30 25-02-15 07:07:45

RobC
Verified Member
Website

Zipper wrote:

OK I agree that most learners don't really care about the make/model etc, but a Mini is still a draw-card.
If I rolled up to the Darwin N.T. High Schools & Colleges in a Mini (very expensive down here so I won't) the students would literally swoon over it (ignoring me of course).

ADIs with very expensive cars aren't unique where I live. My last learner car was a high spec Mini Cooper, Minis may be cheaper in the UK however other ADIs in my area have top of the range cars including Audi A1s and A3s, Golf GTI's and two have Mini Cooper S's as well as lots of DS3's.
The main factor for most pupils is passing their test ASAP. Whilst I would like to think that it was my ability as an instructor and not my car which attracted pupils, many pupils are very status and fashion conscious and given that they could afford it would have the best phone, trainers, car to learn in etc that they could.

www.midasbustraining.webs.com
Midas Minibus Driver Assessor Trainer & Passenger Assistant Trainer
DVSA Fleet Registered Trainer

#31 25-02-15 11:46:25

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

RobC wrote:

.. Whilst I would like to think that it was my ability as an instructor and not my car which attracted pupils, many pupils are very status and fashion conscious and given that they could afford it would have the best phone, trainers, car to learn in etc that they could. ..

Hi Rob don't devalue yourself, I would bet that your ability as instructor has quite a lot to do with your attraction to pupils, the school/college/work gossip grave-vines are very active and VERY effective.

In a way though your post made me cringe a bit ... I have a 6-year old 1.5L Suzuki Swift manual and a 9-year old 2.4L Mitsubishi Lancer auto, both need work and are obviously old to the naked eye.
I know that some prospective clients have by-passed me in favour of that low-slung wide Toyota sports car that one school has, or those 2 handsome muscular young ADI's who freely admits they're on steroids*, but the ones who come to me are very loyal and recommend me to their friends.

Is it my cars? No
Is it my physical appearance? Definitely no (65 and looking 10 years older)
Is it my teaching ability? Well, I like to think so, I certainly HOPE so.

*One of the ADI's on steroids recommends to all his male pupils that they take steroids too.
  He's being reported by an ex-pupil for only giving a 30-minute lessons (under our subsidised scheme where lessons MUST be 1 hour or more) yet demanding full payment, and he often leaves pupils in tears at the end of a lesson - a recurring story that I've heard so often now from his ex-pupils.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#32 26-02-15 06:32:26

RobC
Verified Member
Website

Hi Zipper

I'm not doing myself down just being modest! It wouldn't matter if a instructor had the most expensive car in the area, if he/she were no good as an instructor they wouldn't get the recommendations most of us rely on for work.

Drifting off the topic of websites a bit, but in the UK in particular we don't get the higher hourly rates of Australia and some parts of Europe and profit margins are not high. Shiny new and expensive cars may be attractive to pupils and ADIs alike, however running an older car is probably far more profitable.
Taxi drivers for example cover high mileages and need reliable workhorses just as ADI do but you don't see Taxi drivers buying brand new cars and trading them after a couple of years.

www.midasbustraining.webs.com
Midas Minibus Driver Assessor Trainer & Passenger Assistant Trainer
DVSA Fleet Registered Trainer

Board footer