You are not logged in.

#1 14-07-05 11:56:26

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Passed Diamond Advanced

Hi.

Took and passed my Diamond Advanced test today  big_smile two minors sad

Can anyone tell me the difference between this and the IAM test?

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

14-07-05 11:56:26

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Passed Diamond Advanced

#2 14-07-05 19:49:06

Shrek
Verified Member

Hi Bull,
not sure about the differences in the tests... just wanted to say 'congratulations' on passing the test!   8)
Cheers,
Shrek.

Carry on Donkey -  you're going the right way for a smacked bottom!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 14-07-05 20:22:28

Gizmotime
Administrator

Hiya congratulations on a well deserved pass, If you take a look at this link it saves typing it all out again.

http://learners.me.uk/learn2driveforum/ … .php?t=575

Giz

#4 14-07-05 21:13:50

Bull on edge
Verified Member
Website

Cheers Gizmo and Shrek  smile .

In Memory of Margaret (Mags) Adair ADI 

£2500 raised by our car on the Lejog and presented to Marie Curie, thanks to all who donated or helped in any way. David and Joe

#5 14-07-05 21:23:10

Approved Instructor
Verified Member
Website

Thats good, you will be able to advertise that now. it may pull in extra work. well done big_smile

#6 15-07-05 08:29:27

Morgan
Verified Member

Congratulations

I took my Diamond also yesterday and passed with 5 minors smile

Probably more pleased than I should be, but I did a mock last week and got 10  sad .  I have my pt 2 on Tuesday, so a little time to work on the errors.

#7 15-07-05 14:13:59

Shrek
Verified Member

Hi guys,
just wanted to wish Morgan 'good luck' with Pt 2 next Tuesday... so good luck with Pt 2 next Tuesday Morgan!   big_smile
Cheers,
Shrek.

Carry on Donkey -  you're going the right way for a smacked bottom!

#8 18-07-05 11:41:04

Morgan
Verified Member

Thanks Shrek.

Does anyone know an insurance company that gives extra discount for the DIAmond advanced ???

Spoke to several and all said know, nearest I got was Norwich who said only for the IAM not DIAmond.... yikes

Morgan

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 18-07-05 15:13:48

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi Morgan

Does anyone know an insurance company that gives extra discount for the DIAmond advanced ???

As the DIA is an insurance company (well, at least that is how it started) don't they give discounts for Diamond?

#10 18-07-05 16:38:33

Trumper
Verified Member

Surely as A.D.I's we should be looking at taking test of a higher standard than Diamond advanced and the I.A.M.

How about the Diamond Special test? You can only have two minors with this. The I.A.M and Diamond advanced are more for Joe public.

O.R.D.I.T. Dip D.I
Fleet reg
A.D.I  Car manual
Cardington A , D.I.A Special test, R.O.S.P.A , I.A.M

#11 18-07-05 20:09:34

luchell

i really cant wait to do the diamond special. i tried getting info on it from the dia pack but nothing came only the diamond advanced. im taking it that you must be a green ticket holder to take it? is it to the same standard as the diamond advanced just with two minors? how do you get to take the cardington? thats my ultimate aim. is that any different?

#12 20-07-05 11:56:57

Morgan
Verified Member

Pegasus - Good point. I did not think as it is for my family use.

Trumper - As I have not passed pt 2 yet, surpose I am still Joe Public. My reason for doing the DIAmond was as a "live" mock for my pt2

#13 20-07-05 17:08:10

Trumper
Verified Member

Anybody can take the Diamond special test. You do not need to be an A.D.I.

Only two minors for this test. You can only take test in certain parts of the country.

O.R.D.I.T. Dip D.I
Fleet reg
A.D.I  Car manual

#14 12-08-05 19:15:40

Dread

If your serious about advanced driving then speak to RoSPA, either type it into Google to get to the main site then find the driving section or type in RoADA which is the regional version.

RoSPA training is the foundation of Police driving, it was The League of Safe Drivers originally founded as The Finchley League of Safe Drivers by Louise Duncan in 1955 relying heavily on Hendon Police drivers for it's tuition.

The course has three standards, Bronze (Probably equivilant to an IAM pass) Silver (A good consistant drive but with a few mistakes) and Gold (virtually a faultless drive to the system). The test is approx. an hour and a half long and is conducted by a serving or retired class one Police instructor. It is, predictably, thorough but surprisingly relaxed (in my experience) and if you do something that at the de-brief the examiner criticises, providing you can justify it they would not fault you on it. In fact I have had conversations on differing techniques with examiners during the exam and adopted their suggestion, or not , depending on circumstances.

Importantly, the unique element of RoSPA is it'e re-test every three years (I'm not sure about Diamond) so your standards have to be consistently high. I hate to have a go at another organisation but I have seen IAM drivers who passed their test 20 years ago and were dreadful but basked in the glory of being IAM approved. Oh, and my last RoSPA examiner quit IAM because of it's no re-test policy.

Finally, if you joing Kent RoADA membership costs £20 and all the training is provided free by volounteer observers.

Hope it helps.

David.

#15 13-08-05 05:33:57

Trumper
Verified Member

Diamond Special Test .

You have to be re-tested every 2years. It is the same standard as the DSA's Cardington test.

O.R.D.I.T. Dip D.I
Fleet reg
A.D.I  Car manual

#16 13-08-05 17:14:19

luchell

so theres no point  doing both tests then? maybe there is. i want as many tests and qualifications as i can get. i love a good challenge. and i lkove the adrenaline rush i get when i pass them! very addictive lol

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#17 13-08-05 22:19:49

la.monikita
Verified Member

Dread wrote:

Finally, if you joing Kent RoADA membership costs £20 and all the training is provided free by volounteer observers.

Hope it helps.

David.

I've joined it about month and half ago but just got the card and no one had been in touch with me re training. how long does it take for them to do so?

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#18 14-08-05 00:05:30

Dread

You should have had an outline of times and procedures etc. in the letter that came with your membership card. If your not happy, call them and find out what's going on, they won't mind.  Do remember, however, that the observers are volounteers and give up their time free so there is a demand for their time.

Hope you pass.

David.

Board footer