You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 22-01-15 13:18:01

TDAScott
Website

2015 - year of social media?

We've had a really busy start to 2015, but this week I've taken 3 jobs on from social media, 1 at the beginning of January, speaking to my brother and he's taken 4 on through facebook alone

anyone else noticed more attention coming through from social media?

22-01-15 13:18:01

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: 2015 - year of social media?

#2 22-01-15 21:31:13

Lynne
Verified Member

It's gone crazy for me since Christmas I've turned away well over 30 people as I'm fully booked and have 5 waiting to start.  Some have been from my website most are through word of mouth and I find these people more reliable.

#3 22-01-15 22:54:50

Mentor
Verified Member

I'm full too and most are from referrals but I must admit there are more contacts coming from social media in the last 12 months.

#4 22-01-15 23:49:52

la.monikita
Verified Member

Not FB as such but website. Lots of recommends. Just had to stagger new starters, as the rest are not ready for tests. I think I am having the busiest Jan ever. I also charge more than anyone around here. Many seem to be already failed, had lessons before, given up, were unhappy, spent long time learning without any progress. I think Google+ is very good.

Last edited by la.monikita (30-01-15 08:32:17)

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#5 30-01-15 07:54:53

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

Most of my work comes via Facebook.
I currently have 12 people on a waiting list, and if students didn't keep cancelling each week I'd be hitting my 30 hours every week.

#6 30-01-15 10:32:56

Triplea35
Verified Member

Just deactivated my Facebook account, far too much work and enquiries. Give me a breather!

Cancel that, couldn't manage 24hrs without it!

Last edited by Triplea35 (30-01-15 19:51:16)

#7 02-02-15 09:34:55

Angus
Verified Member
Website

Its a good problem having to turn away work, YouTube seems to have been the big one for myself.  smile

#8 02-02-15 13:28:17

TDAScott
Website

Youtube is next on the list for me - We're running at max with some instructors having 1 month waiting list

#9 03-02-15 22:39:41

Lynne
Verified Member

Robbie do you charge for late cancellations?  The busier you are the  harder you can be as you can truly say "I can't fit someone else in at such short notice" when you know you could have filled the gap, given enough time.  When you're not busy you worry about upsetting people and losing what you've got.   Although sometimes you look forward to that cancellation for a well deserved rest especially if it's the last one of the day!

#10 04-02-15 17:44:48

Robbie
Verified Member
Website

Yes I do charge, but the problem I find is that even though I can't necessarily fit everyone in, in a week, they can't necessarily do the time of cancelled lesson, so it ends up staying empty.
I do like it when it's the last of the day as I can get home even earlier and spend an extra hour with family.
As of yet I've not had a week in 2015 that's been cancel free. I had one today and one tomorrow but that one is already filled.
But it's more annoying when I've got 13 students waiting and I don't want to start them just because someone has canceled, when I might not be able to fit them in for 3-4 weeks unless someone cancels

Board footer