You are not logged in.

#1 12-12-14 12:09:35

Phil
Verified Member
Website

New car, but how do I put L plates on it?

Hi,

I've just taken delivery of a new Ford Fiesta, but I have a problem. The magnetic plates I used on my last car will not stay on the rear of the car. The only flat-ish areas are the plastic bumper. One option is to get some adhesive backed L plates to be permanently fixed to the back, although that is not ideal. Any solutions? Any suppliers?

I haven't used a roof-top box for years because of concerns about fuel economy, but this is a short term solution.

Phil

LDC Approved Driving Instructor

12-12-14 12:09:35

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: New car, but how do I put L plates on it?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 12-12-14 13:09:24

CantThinkofaName
Verified Member

I have seen L plates with Velcro strips that stick on the car and the plates can be removed but the Velcro strips remain.

https://www.rcmmarketing.co.uk/products … late.html#

Never used them so can't say how good or bad.

DKL Driving School Belfast www.drivinglessonsbelfast.co.uk

#3 12-12-14 14:37:16

MGM
Verified Member

Hi Phil

A few years ago one of the motoring comics (Auto Express?) did some tests on fuel consumption, trying all the things the experts tell us not to do - roof-racks and boxes, open windows, etc.

Their conclusion was that most (including roof-boxes) made no noticeable difference except at motorway speeds.

#4 12-12-14 14:57:30

trunkmonkey

Halfords do a set where you peel the plate from the paper and stick it on the car.

Important: Keep the paper!

When you are finished, peel the plate from the car and place it back on the paper.

Costs less than a fiver and I've used the same set on different vehicles for a couple of years.

Last edited by trunkmonkey (12-12-14 14:58:14)

Board footer