You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 27-11-14 22:42:56

la.monikita
Verified Member

Tablets and Android

I was thinking of getting a tablet as I have android phone and Ipads don't work with those. I hear that Ipads are best but they won't be in sync with my phone so not much point.

If you use one, what do you rate as good in hardware and what apps are there for the ADI use. I have never been a technophobe, but have been busy with other things in a mean time. With techno lately you seem to blink, and you're left behind...

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

27-11-14 22:42:56

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Tablets and Android

#2 28-11-14 07:21:29

kaf
Verified Member
Website

What exactly,do you want to synch?

If it's calendars, contacts etc then iPads sych fine with Google calender and contacts.

#3 28-11-14 11:33:15

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Kaf, I want to synch contact details (i.e. my clients) with Microsoft Outlook on my Windows 7 PC.
Have you had any experience synching between Android & Apple OS systems?

Currently I'm using an Android Samsung Note 3 (I love the bright sharp gigantic screen, the stylus, the ability to convert handwriting into text etc) - I'm not one to stick to one brand or OS through simple loyalty and because I haven't heard many negative comments about the iPhone range, who knows? one day I might switch. But only if I won't have any synching problems.

Last edited by Zipper (28-11-14 22:03:37)

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 28-11-14 15:44:36

la.monikita
Verified Member

kaf wrote:

What exactly,do you want to synch?

If it's calendars, contacts etc then iPads sych fine with Google calender and contacts.

So how does ipad connects to the android phone on the move?  I didn't think they were compatible.

Abraham Maslow

#5 28-11-14 18:00:45

kaf
Verified Member
Website

If you use Google calender, they connect via the Google servers.  As long as long as you have network connections on them.
Most sync methods are via a cloud based system rather then directly between devices.

zipper, sorry can't help with your question never tried to link with outlook.

#6 28-11-14 19:26:46

la.monikita
Verified Member

Kaf, so how does an ipad connect to the internet on the move?

Abraham Maslow

#7 28-11-14 19:50:20

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Either by having a 3G version or via Wifi or by tethering  to your phone.

#8 29-11-14 09:54:16

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

I have my iPhone synced over 'the cloud' to my Mac at home, it's great! If I change something on the phone (like a contact) it automatically updates on the home computer too. I'd have to go for an iPad if I wanted to maintain that system on a 'pad' when I get one. I wouldn't say Apple is better than the others (like Android), just different.

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 29-11-14 22:34:30

la.monikita
Verified Member

kaf wrote:

Either by having a 3G version or via Wifi or by tethering  to your phone.

Is that what you do? As far as I know Ipad won't pair up with anything but an iphone hmm

Abraham Maslow

#10 29-11-14 22:35:47

la.monikita
Verified Member

robcooling wrote:

I have my iPhone synced over 'the cloud' to my Mac at home, it's great! If I change something on the phone (like a contact) it automatically updates on the home computer too. I'd have to go for an iPad if I wanted to maintain that system on a 'pad' when I get one. I wouldn't say Apple is better than the others (like Android), just different.

OK but can you mix the two systems?

Abraham Maslow

#11 30-11-14 07:19:10

kaf
Verified Member
Website

As long as your phone will create a wifi hotspot and your network provider enables,it, the ipad will connect to it.

#12 01-12-14 18:43:22

la.monikita
Verified Member

kaf wrote:

As long as your phone will create a wifi hotspot and your network provider enables,it, the ipad will connect to it.

ok big_smile

Abraham Maslow

Board footer