You are not logged in.

#1 23-11-14 17:58:29

Triplea35
Verified Member

Duke of Edinburgh Awards.

Just had a pupil ask me if I would set goals, assess and report on his development for the  practical skills section of the Bronze award.

I have been aware of many of my previous pupils working towards DofE awards but this is the first time I have been asked to be involved.

My first thought was  reluctance but reading the info card I was given it does appear to fit the criteria if I can evidence that he has demonstrated effort, perseverance and improvement.

Has anyone on here been asked to do this before?

23-11-14 17:58:29

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Duke of Edinburgh Awards.

#2 23-11-14 18:11:26

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi
I haven't had a pupil using their lessons with me towards their DofE but when I was instructing on the local skid pan Dof E supervisors used to bring groups in to add elements for their Golds, apparently just passing the driving test wasn't, at that time, sufficient to qualify.
I would suggest liasing with the pupil's supervisor to find out exactly what is required.

Last edited by pegasus (23-11-14 18:12:02)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 23-11-14 19:10:49

kaf
Verified Member
Website

My daughter used learning to drive as her skill achievement for her DofE gold.
It is acceptable.
It needs to be evidenced, hence the need,for,your letter and needs to show 'study' over a specified period of time, i think three months.

#4 24-11-14 11:59:43

Lady-Hynarc
Verified Member

I have done this once in the past but for the life of me I cannot remember what was involved exactly.  I know I was given something to fill in with notes telling me what was needed and never had any comeback from it.  I think I wrote some kind of appraisal.  I do remember the pupil concerned - very studious, good driver and a lovely lass to boot...

Wish I could be more help...OMG even my memory is deserting me now sad  Break out the neurons! smile

#5 24-11-14 20:47:36

johnp
Verified Member

I have taught Disability Driving to an able student for her Skills DofE.
Did it as PP.

Driving is books-
1. "safe and responsible INDEPENDENCE."
2. "DISABILITY into ABILITY" 
3. "PSYCHOLOGY than SYSTEMS.
www.drivingincludesu.co.uk

#6 27-11-14 08:39:18

roadhog
Verified Member

I've done about a dozen in the past, and with a couple of students I've even suggested that they I could this for them

roadhog

Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten

#7 27-11-14 08:59:55

johnp
Verified Member

One told me yesterday that he wanted photos for his DofE.
No doubt a progress report will be required later on.

Driving is books-
1. "safe and responsible INDEPENDENCE."
2. "DISABILITY into ABILITY" 
3. "PSYCHOLOGY than SYSTEMS.
www.drivingincludesu.co.uk

Board footer