You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 06-11-14 10:29:45

christhedrummer
Verified Member
Website

Shall I paint a big target on my car??!!

I knew I was overdue for an accident only having had 1 in the last 3 1/2 years but since September things have got silly.

Mid September my Automatic was written off by a van driver who rear-ended me whilst on a lesson. 4 weeks later my replacement was vandalised overnight by some little oik with a rock. Next evening another van did a hit and run on a roundabout - police investigating - and then this Tuesday another rear-ender.

My car is cursed!

06-11-14 10:29:45

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Shall I paint a big target on my car??!!

#2 06-11-14 12:53:55

Coasting Mart
Verified Member

Oh dear!
It is odd how things 'group' together instead of a more 'random' distribution.
Commiserations and try not to get too stressed dealing with the bars***d insurance companies!   yikes

"I swear I found the key to the universe in the engine of an old parked car"

#3 06-11-14 13:38:56

CantThinkofaName
Verified Member

I know how you feel having had similar from Jan 2012 when my car was damaged in a storm then big rear end accident at roundabout in April. Had new car about a week in August and hit again at roundabout then twice more all in a period of about 18 months. Up to that hadn't had anyone hit me from 2007 and before that last accident was 1993.

Does get very annoying to say the least.

DKL Driving School Belfast www.drivinglessonsbelfast.co.uk

#4 06-11-14 21:42:26

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

In a way we already have targets on our cars - L Plates!

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#5 07-11-14 22:22:49

la.monikita
Verified Member

Any cameras with big signs "smile cameras recording smile"?

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

#6 07-11-14 23:43:35

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi
These sorts of occurences explain why insurance companies say that even "no fault" claims are a sign that there might be further claims from that driver, hence whyy they increase base premiums after them.

#7 08-11-14 11:51:46

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Yes, insurance companies often specify under the conditions of a policy that ANY incident MUST be disclosed.
Even "no-fault" or "fault but no-claim" incidents affect your risk factor and as we know all too well, insurance companies will grasp at ANY straw that enable them to increase premiums, or reduce the payout amount, or simply renege on the payout completely.

I used to own a house here in Darwin and lost it because of my naivety (I was young back then) and the unscrupulous behaviour of an insurance company and it's assessors.
Since them I have no time for insurance companies but unfortunately I can't survive without their insurance policies (they are necessary evils).

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#8 11-11-14 10:47:27

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

My last one was December 2011, I'm overdue...

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#9 17-11-14 17:58:01

Lynne
Verified Member

When stationery I got hit by a bin lorry he knocked off my wing mirror and although I have an independent witness they're still denying they did it  roll   It happened about a week after I put the Blackvue camera in but I didn't spend extra on the powerpack.. (well where do you stop?)  If only I had though I'd have had my own proof what he did.  As for the cameras (front and rear) I rather like being in 'stealth' mode smile

Board footer