You are not logged in.

#1 29-10-14 18:53:12

lenzcrafter
Website

Driving test business booking?

I would like to start booking driving test for my pupils.

I am an ADI.

Can someone advise me how to do this for my pupils?

Matt

29-10-14 18:53:12

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Driving test business booking?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 29-10-14 19:34:20

Roadmaster
Verified Member

You can register as a business user on the govt gateway site, (http://www.gateway.gov.uk/)  but when I tried it was too much hassle.   I just book my tests individually on here

https://driverpracticaltest.direct.gov. … ution=e1s1

#3 29-10-14 19:47:52

johnp
Verified Member

Same here RM.
I just got lost in the complexities of different passwords which I could not remember, so I just book in the ordinary way.

Just leave the Instructor Number blank. It is not required if you book your own tests.

Last edited by johnp (29-10-14 19:49:58)

Driving is books-
1. "safe and responsible INDEPENDENCE."
2. "DISABILITY into ABILITY" 
3. "PSYCHOLOGY than SYSTEMS.
www.drivingincludesu.co.uk

#4 29-10-14 20:01:17

Roadmaster
Verified Member

If you use that link I posted you will get an email confirmation which you can then forward on to your pupil.

#5 29-10-14 20:07:51

kaf
Verified Member
Website

I have found the business service easy and very convenient personally.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 29-10-14 21:13:45

Mentor
Verified Member

kaf wrote:

I have found the business service easy and very convenient personally.

I have too, and it allows you to swap tests about which can be advantageous.

#7 30-10-14 00:47:43

AUTAX
Verified Member

It's worth the hassle. I had a very helpful guy get me through it.

Be Fear-less, go GEAR-LESS!

#8 31-10-14 08:52:19

flodriver
Verified Member

The Gateway site is much easier, my ipad remembers the password and user number, you only need the pupils licence number, and as previously mentioned it's easy to swap tests. Simples!!!

#9 31-10-14 10:09:17

johnp
Verified Member

But there are so many codes and passwords which do not corrolate.
If it could be accessed with just one then I would use it.

Maybe I should try to negotiate the unnecessary obstacle course again.
One Password only should be required.
It's not Fort Knox.

Last edited by johnp (31-10-14 10:12:00)

Driving is books-
1. "safe and responsible INDEPENDENCE."
2. "DISABILITY into ABILITY" 
3. "PSYCHOLOGY than SYSTEMS.
www.drivingincludesu.co.uk

#10 31-10-14 17:07:32

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Once you are registered there IS only one password.

Plus you can set your computer to remember it and you can get straight in plus it will remember your card details.

To book a test I go to the page, find the test, then just need to enter the driver number and card security code, done! Simples.

#11 31-10-14 20:20:01

Coasting Mart
Verified Member

It does take a bit of sorting out as it's the Govt Gateway - THEN - the DVSA, but as Kaf says, once you've got it sorted it is very easy to use.

Actually booked one this morning!  cool

"I swear I found the key to the universe in the engine of an old parked car"

#12 13-11-14 21:45:28

lenzcrafter
Website

I have found I can easily book pupils driving tests from the www.gov.uk site.

I guess the booking site is a bit more in depth

Matt

#13 14-11-14 16:58:53

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

After the initial kerfuffle of setting up the details I found the new booking system so much better! Much more user friendly.

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#14 17-11-14 17:50:47

Lynne
Verified Member

I have a 'LastPass' password vault that automatically puts passwords in .  It's great and works on everything .

#15 17-11-14 22:59:52

johnabacus
Verified Member
Website

The Govt Gateway site was a pain to set up but once you have it's definitely worthwhile. You can set up a "favourite" group of Test Centres if you use more than one, and view availability at all of them at the same time. You can view "next available" at all your favourites at the same time and swapping tests is easy too.It's also possible to set up a payment method which the site remembers.
All in all a very useful tool.

As for remembering passwords I use "Roboform". There is a free lite version which allows up to ten passwords and a paid version which can store unlimited passwords. There is a Roboform App for IOS and Android with the option of a Roboform Everywhere which allows you to sync your passwords between all your devices. Quite frankly I don't know how I would manage without it when virtually every site you log into needs its own password.

#16 19-11-14 17:34:08

Mentor
Verified Member

Just used it to make a booking, RoboForm for passwords, straight in, test booked and paid for in less than a minute. Can't imagine using the normal booking system ever again.  wink

Board footer