You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 08-10-14 19:30:19

Natasha05

I'm back ~ almost two years on

Hi everyone  smile

So I passed my test in December 2012, but I had a lot of 'issues' shall we say with driving on my own and I came here for help, support and advice. My old topic is here.

I just wanted to come back and say a big massive thank you to everyone for helping and supporting me smile

When I first started driving on my own, I seriously wanted to give up on driving I just hated it then I changed my car to a little Corsa in Feb 2013, which was my last update on here. At the time I had just got it and was hoping that I'd get used to driving it and stop feeling so nervous about driving in general. I must admit it took some time but I did keep pushing myself to go out driving, eventually I decided to drive to uni for the first time, this was such a big achievement for me back then (it's about a 30 - 45 min drive depending on traffic) and it included a few hills which I hated, so this was quite a big moment for me. I guess from there I started to drive to uni daily, and eventually ventured out to new places (the amount of money i've wasted buying random stuff from asda I don't need, but just go because I can in crazy haha). I must admit it took a LOT of time and miles, but especially this year I've been much more comfortable with driving. One thing I still hadn't done was motorways, the thought of them still made me nervous. But it was my birthday in August and I really wanted to go to Alton Towers, I'm the only driving among my friends and there isn't any direct public transport from where I live so I decided I would take the A roads.... I guess I expected my journey to consist of some dual carriageways, but it didn't it was pretty much country roads and honestly probably the worst drive of my life. (One thing I'm definitely not comfortable with is narrow windy country lanes hmm ) We did eventually get there, but on the way back I decided the only way I was going to get us all home was to go back on the motorway, so I just did it, and after initially getting on, I felt quite calm and happy about it smile So another major achievement for me. - One thing I've been wanting for a while is a new car, my car was a 55 plate so was getting old, and it was just so loud, and didn't really like going over 60 (not without it feeling like it was going to take off anyways) so I've been wanting a new car for a while now. But I was quite scared that I'd be taking one step forward, and two steps back, and that I wouldn't get used to driving a new car. But I found a deal that was really good and decided to go ahead, and Sunday me and my step-dad picked it up, when we got home I spent a bit of time just driving it and it felt amazing! All my worries like not being able to find the biting point/ stalling didn't seem so big any more, and I felt comfortable getting to know my car, it's only been 3 days now but I think I'm getting used to it, and I'm so glad I didn't let my fears hold me back.

So at the moment I've a lot of progress, and I'm still learning lots. I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone for supporting me, because honestly if it wasn't for people like you I would of just given it and not had the great experiences I've had smile

I can only hope things continue to get better and better

08-10-14 19:30:19

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: I'm back ~ almost two years on

#2 08-10-14 20:14:06

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi
Well done.
Its people like you who make this job worthwhile.
Glad to hear you are still thinking about your driving.
Confidence,or lack of it,is probably the biggest issue for novice drivers and its great that you have overcome your issues and keep conquering those fears.
Peter
ps.motorways are the SAFEST roads and narrow country lanes the MOST DANGEROUS!

Dont press that,oh @@##!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#3 08-10-14 20:38:31

Natasha05

Lewinpeter1 wrote:

Hi
Well done.
Its people like you who make this job worthwhile.
Glad to hear you are still thinking about your driving.
Confidence,or lack of it,is probably the biggest issue for novice drivers and its great that you have overcome your issues and keep conquering those fears.
Peter
ps.motorways are the SAFEST roads and narrow country lanes the MOST DANGEROUS!

Thank you smile

It really does mean a lot
I think I can see why motorways are safer, I definitely felt better on the drive home rather than those country lanes  hmm

#4 10-10-14 21:02:58

la.monikita
Verified Member

Well done Natasha! "Feel the fear and do it anyway!" FEAR= false evidence appearing real!

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 12-10-14 12:14:21

Natasha05

la.monikita wrote:

Well done Natasha! "Feel the fear and do it anyway!" FEAR= false evidence appearing real!

Thank you!!
It's so lovely to see you again, I hope you're well smile
I still remember all the help and support you gave me, well to be honest I will never forget it, It helped me become the driver I am today so thank you smile

#6 14-10-14 19:10:25

la.monikita
Verified Member

Natasha05 wrote:
la.monikita wrote:

Thank you!!
It's so lovely to see you again, I hope you're well smile
I still remember all the help and support you gave me, well to be honest I will never forget it, It helped me become the driver I am today so thank you smile

That's nice to hear! Thank you smile

Abraham Maslow

#7 14-10-14 19:23:44

la.monikita
Verified Member

Have you seen "Undriveables" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euIOTIAgVzo Keely is my new project. She's had her first lesson. I will make a positive documentary. smile

Abraham Maslow

Board footer