You are not logged in.

#1 25-08-14 13:29:01

AUTAX
Verified Member

Belgium GP.

I know there are one or two interested in the F1 GP.

This latest fiasco in Spa is getting tedious now.
One thing is for sure, if you look at the endplates of the Mercedes
front wing you'll see each side a piece that comes out & down just like a bracket.
Being carbon fibre it will be as strong as any metal citing edge and it can easily
be seen as lethal when coming into contact with a tyre wall.

Future Rules should be brought in to ensure that the edges of the front wings are
designed to be smooth and round and of no cutting danger to wheels.

If reduced downforce is the result then so be it but it would appear that Rosberg
purposely turned into Hamilton as can be seen by incar camera shots in slow motion.

I'm not a fan of Hamilton but I felt for him today because he was pushed out of the race.

Be Fear-less, go GEAR-LESS!

25-08-14 13:29:01

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Belgium GP.

#2 25-08-14 15:56:31

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi
Lewis is probably the best racer in the business.
If all cars were exactly equal I would back him every time.
Rosberg is 1.an idiot for turning in and 2.an even bigger idiot for admitting it!
Very exciting racing this year though!
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

#3 25-08-14 23:56:35

Gordonline
Verified Member

I'm an F1 fan and have been for over 20 years, this year has been good for overtaking and the Belgium race was yet another good one, I've got the upmost respect for Lewis as a driver and I agree that it was a shame he received a puncture from an obvious error on Nico's part

I don't agree that Nico did this on purpose, because 9 times out of 10 the driver behind will lose his nose, and that will blow his chances in the race, you cannot guarantee inflicting a puncture on the car in front, there's too much emphasis on the rivalry between these two, but Mercedes chose to let them race without appropriate team orders and this will carry on until the last race

One thing that annoys me about Lewis is his professionalism outside the car, he sometimes forgets where he started out in F1, he would've had more respect if he done a couple of seasons in the midfield teams before stepping into a championship winning car in his first season

If anything he needs to get over his hate for Nico, let his driving do the talking on track

Gordon

The Glass is Always Half Full !!!!

#4 26-08-14 06:15:48

AUTAX
Verified Member

Whilst I agree with most of what you say Gordon, just look at the replay from the cockpit of Rosberg's car and he turns not once into Hamilton's rear tyre but twice and the second attempt is at full lock.

He's admitted he did it to make a point and his team principles are furious. We haven't heard the last of this yet.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 26-08-14 06:30:08

AUTAX
Verified Member

#6 26-08-14 22:48:19

Gordonline
Verified Member

Hi Autax

I'm not disagreeing that it was his fault but he could not guarantee that Lewis would receive a puncture and that he wouldn't have lost his whole front nose, (I saw the onboard footage)

To risk having a coming together on lap 2 is not acceptable with regards to the team aspect, so no doubt things will change in future races, the rivalry will never cease and it's just as well they have such a superior performance advantage otherwise they would've certainly had some sort of team orders to protect both championships

Let's watch the drama unfold on track as it's certainly adding to a great season

Gordon

#7 27-08-14 18:59:27

AUTAX
Verified Member

I'll be watching Sky tonight at 8.30. I can be very cynical at times Gordon. wink

It will be interesting to see how the rest of the season pans out.

Whilst them two are squabbling maybe Ricciardo will sneak it from under their noses. smile

Last edited by AUTAX (27-08-14 18:59:44)

#8 28-08-14 08:22:09

Gordonline
Verified Member

Ricciardo is catching them both very quickly and with their low downforce setting working well in Belgium it will be very close who gets the win there, as you say if they continue fighting like cats and dogs it plays nicely into Red Bulls hands

Gordon

Board footer