You are not logged in.

#1 19-08-14 17:10:42

Lady-Hynarc
Verified Member

Crazy Immigration

So you try to gain entry to the UK illegally and then, when it goes wrong, you try to claim asylum.  I must have misunderstood....

Can I suggest that the authorities put you on a plane back to wherever you came from as soon as possible and tell you that your current asylum request and any future ones are automatically refused for trying to sneak in?

It's a bit like...

Bank Robber: Give me the money
Policeman: You're nicked!
Bank Robber: Can I have a loan by any chance?

or

Shoplifter (sticking item out of sight in a bag...)
Store Detective: Excuse me, you haven't paid for that item
Shoplifter: I know but as you've caught me, can I buy it?

Sorry if these upset sensibilities but I just don't get this crazy immigration we have...

19-08-14 17:10:42

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Crazy Immigration

#2 20-08-14 08:55:42

Evan
Administrator

Totally agree with you, why is it always Britain people want to escape to, and not France, Germany or other European countries? Oh yes of course Social Security, Housing Benefits, NHS, free schooling all the benefits provided by the hard working tax payer!

#3 21-08-14 09:19:56

steve@bdl

Illegal immigrants simply cannot claim any of those benefits and I think if people are entitled to benefits then they should receive them.

Every working person is one redundancy, one illness or one breakup from finacial catastrophe and we should always have a safety net.
The topic of immigration is perpetually rolled out as diversionary tactic by successive governments.

Steve

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 21-08-14 12:32:31

MGM
Verified Member

Evan wrote:

Totally agree with you, why is it always Britain people want to escape to, and not France, Germany or other European countries? Oh yes of course Social Security, Housing Benefits, NHS, free schooling all the benefits provided by the hard working tax payer!

It isn't always Britain: it's just that the British media don't report on immigration to other countries, perhaps because we're not interested, or perhaps (in the case of the Mail) because it doesn't suit their agenda.

According to the most recent EU stats "Germany reported the largest number of immigrants (592 200) in 2012, followed by the United Kingdom (498 000), Italy (350 800), France (327 400) and Spain (304 100). "

It also seems that more people want to escape from Britain than from most other EU countries! The report goes on "Spain reported the highest number of emigrants in 2012 (446 600), followed by the United Kingdom (321 200), France (288 300) and Poland (275 600)."

#5 22-08-14 09:45:34

Evan
Administrator

I agree that illegal immigrants cannot get benefits, but I can't help feeling that the benefits system is an incentive that draws people to this country.
As for paying people benefits when they fall on hard times and "can't" work, absolutely agree help people as much as possible to get back to work, in truth those who want to work usually get a job. Those who "don't" want to work should get a very meagre amount of help.

I find it bizarre that charities have to support those with terminal illness, yet we as a country will support people who don't want to work.
I remember doing some bank nursing for Marie Curie years ago, they are financially stretched, they do a wonderful job in palliative care supporting those who are fading away and to their relatives, yet they are supported by the generosity of the general public.
We really do need to prioritise who and what we spend money on!

#6 22-08-14 10:38:37

AUTAX
Verified Member

Well get rid of HS2 for a start and save £100+Bn.

Is it really worth it to get from London to Manchester 20 minutes earlier?

Be Fear-less, go GEAR-LESS!

#7 22-08-14 13:31:33

steve@bdl

It's interesting how really most British people are of the same opinion on most topics. I spent most of my adult life living around the world and the majority in this country have no idea how high a regard we are held in around the world. It sickens me that  Marie Curie and  other incredible charities have to go cap in hand to the public for funding and AUTAX is on the money with HS2, now add a staggering 130 billion pounds for the trident replacement let alone MP's claims and I just feel that immigrants and a few hundred lazybones are too easy a target.

Anyone for revolution?   big_smile

Board footer