You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 18-08-14 14:01:37

DonT
Verified Member

Standards Check Bookings

Last week I received an appointment for a Standards Check in October.

As I retired in April I e-mailed back, as requested, that I would not be attending. The correspondence had been received from the Driving Standards Check Booking Team.

On Friday I received a letter from the Driving Standards Agency saying that as I had refused a Check TestI would be removed from the register and this couldn't be done yet as I hadn't returned my certificate as requested.

Well its return has never been requested by anyone and as far as I remember, there is nothing on the certificate saying it is the Property of the DVSA/DSA. Furthermore, the certificate now resides in my grandson's scrap book on family history and he lives in the Netherlands.

I've written back to the Driving Standards Agency informing them of the above and gently reminding them that they work for the Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency.

When will they get it right? roll

I might be becoming even more grumpy in my old age but my registration still had three years to run and there is no refund.

Last edited by DonT (19-08-14 03:39:06)

18-08-14 14:01:37

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Standards Check Bookings

#2 18-08-14 20:20:00

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi
Doesnt surprise me.
I am attempting to do my crb or disclosure and barring check.
Its taken 3 calls to finally recieve the form and then(after filling it in and following the instructions to the letter)got the bu@@er back  saying I was stupid(not in those words).
I am losing the will to live and by the time I get it sorted I will probably be inside for murder!
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#3 19-08-14 05:19:11

Triplea35
Verified Member

Lewinpeter1 wrote:

Hi
Doesnt surprise me.
I am attempting to do my crb or disclosure and barring check.
Its taken 3 calls to finally recieve the form and then(after filling it in and following the instructions to the letter)got the bu@@er back  saying I was stupid(not in those words).
I am losing the will to live and by the time I get it sorted I will probably be inside for murder!
Peter

I know it doesn't help you now Peter, but I just did mine last week online and found it very easy and straightforward ( had been putting it off for months!) Just completed and submitted it online, and printed a form off to take to a Post Office to get my identification documents verified. Job done and days later received  update on progress of application.

As about to reply to this just remembered I had applied online for the  test booking service weeks ago and hadn't heard anything, so thought I might be a bit hasty in paying compliments to the DVSA, but a quick look in my spam and found the activation email and job also done.

Years ago it always seemed we would rather deal with a 'face' than a computer. I think the tide has changed and the computer is now far more reliable!!

Board footer