You are not logged in.

#1 21-07-14 18:23:31

gabby_adi

Neil Beaver apps Vs Colourfile - which is best

currently using colourfile i'm finding pupils are not paying too much attention (the ipad generation) been thinking of using the neil beaver apps - are these better than using a colourfile presenter for lessons?

the negative i hear about neil beaver apps is they have no sound

21-07-14 18:23:31

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Neil Beaver apps Vs Colourfile - which is best

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 21-07-14 18:44:59

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Who needs sound?

I can talk plenty!   lol

#3 21-07-14 18:59:17

Roadmaster
Verified Member

Does colourfile have sound?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 21-07-14 20:23:06

gabby_adi

would you say neil beaver apps are better than colourfile and if yes then why?

kaf wrote:

Who needs sound?

I can talk plenty!   lol

#5 21-07-14 20:26:33

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Depends what you are looking for, I don't think there is any such thing as "better"  everybody has different needs and preferences.

I use most of his apps, I find them effective and convenient to use. Others prefer to use hard copy planners.

All you can do,is try road pad out and see if it suits the way you work. It will take a bit of getting used to.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 21-07-14 20:31:43

gabby_adi

dp you find using the neil beaver apps holds the pupils attention more than the traditional 'book'?

is the move off / stop app good?

kaf wrote:

Depends what you are looking for, I don't think there is any such thing as "better"  everybody has different needs and preferences.

I use most of his apps, I find them effective and convenient to use. Others prefer to use hard copy planners.

All you can do,is try road pad out and see if it suits the way you work. It will take a bit of getting used to.

#7 21-07-14 20:38:24

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Difficult to answer, I find they are receptive to moving vehicles around to answer questions. I find they respond well to my changing scenarios by dropping other vehicles,,objects etc into the scene.

I don't use the move off and stop app. I find road board, road pad, crossings and stop the ones I use most and the clutch demonstrater in controls.

#8 21-07-14 22:58:00

gabby_adi

im a little confused now, are road board, road pad, crossings and stop not neil beaver apps?

kaf wrote:

Difficult to answer, I find they are receptive to moving vehicles around to answer questions. I find they respond well to my changing scenarios by dropping other vehicles,,objects etc into the scene.

I don't use the move off and stop app. I find road board, road pad, crossings and stop the ones I use most and the clutch demonstrater in controls.

#9 22-07-14 06:24:33

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Yes they are. Why confused ?

#10 22-07-14 08:10:22

mikerow
Verified Member
Website

I have most of the apps the only one I really use is the roundabout one.
I find the colourfile quicker and easier to use im not totally convinced about the value of the ipad in the car.
But if you have a pupil that responds better to it ,use it.

http://www.learnnpass.co.uk/

Driving should be fun

#11 05-08-14 18:08:00

johnabacus
Verified Member
Website

Never used the Colourfile so can't comment on it but I use virtually all of the Neil Beaver apps on the ipad. Best thing since sliced bread as far as I'm concerned and very reasonable prices, but each to his own I guess.

#12 06-08-14 12:31:59

Jakey
Verified Member

Try The 'Driving Instructor' app for ipad, its the best £20 ive paid.

Part 1 98%
Part 2 Clean sheet
Part 3 2nd attempt
First check test grade 4
Second check test grade 5

#13 11-08-14 23:06:01

shelim
Verified Member

Out of my 10 years of being ADI. I used colourfile and other teaching aides for over 8 years, and now  I have been using Neil Beaver's app on Ipad for year and half now

I have to say it is brilliant, the pupil can see a moving object on roundabout, crossroad, P/crossing, turning left/right etc compare to colourfile.

Now the clever pupil's and not so clever one's seem to understand easily.

"Neil Beaver Thank you"

Board footer