You are not logged in.

#1 04-08-14 12:52:22

Neckender

Degree in Driver Education at middlesex university

Hi all,

Does anybody know anything about this Degree in Driver Education that is offered by Middlesex University?

i've tried to get my head around it but, perhaps it's me but, i don't understand the system.

thanks,

"Anyone who tries to make a distinction between education and entertainment doesn't know the first thing about either"

DSA LGV Inst,DSA ADI,SaFED Inst,IAM Advanced Car & Commercial,PTLLS,RoSPA Dip.

04-08-14 12:52:22

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Degree in Driver Education at middlesex university

#2 04-08-14 14:04:52

Daveyboy
Verified Member

All degrees are based on the same system.

The degree system is based on credits.

Each module has a number of credits for completing it satisfactory. The number of credits is based on the level of difficultly of the module. Modules vary between 30 credits, 60 credits and 120.

A year’s course as an undergraduate is normally based on 120 credits

To obtain a degree such as BA or BSc you must obtain 360 credits. If on the other hand you want a BA(hons) or BSc(hons) you require 120 of the credits at the higher levels (most difficult).

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 04-08-14 18:44:26

MGM
Verified Member

Neckender wrote:

Hi all,

Does anybody know anything about this Degree in Driver Education that is offered by Middlesex University?

i've tried to get my head around it but, perhaps it's me but, i don't understand the system.

thanks,

"Making use of Middlesex’s innovative work-based approach to learning your course of study will enable you to enhance your effectiveness in your current work role whilst simultaneously working towards your qualification.  Middlesex work based learning courses are used by leading employers in the UK and internationally as they combine individual development with organisational and professional learning. Our programmes in professional practice enable you to build upon existing higher education level study and professional qualifications to further your development and make an impact in your professional area. Our programmes in work based learning studies take as the starting point your learning from experience and can be used to provide highly original and customised qualifications. The level of customisation is even reflected in the title of the qualification, e.g. BA (Hons) Work Based Learning Studies (Leadership and Knowledge Management) or BA (Hons) Work Based Learning Studies (Driver Education)."

It's not you - it's gobbledygook.

See http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2002-04-02/

#4 04-08-14 19:03:18

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Calling anything like this a degree is like calling me diplomatic!!!   lol

#5 05-08-14 08:58:16

jackm
Verified Member

I think I can translate for you:

Keep working. Write up what you do. Give us vast wads of cash. In three or four years, we will let you wear one of our funny hats for a day and give you a certificate.

Board footer