You are not logged in.

#1 07-07-14 19:57:45

Neckender

ROSPA National Diploma In Advanced Driving Instruction

Hi, I am interested in doing the above use course. What are people thoughts and experiences on this course?

"Anyone who tries to make a distinction between education and entertainment doesn't know the first thing about either"

DSA LGV Inst,DSA ADI,SaFED Inst,IAM Advanced Car & Commercial,PTLLS,RoSPA Dip.

07-07-14 19:57:45

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: ROSPA National Diploma In Advanced Driving Instruction

#2 07-07-14 20:51:14

trunkmonkey

RoSPA offer a 5 day course, the details can be found on their site under Driver and Fleet Solutions. The final exams consist of written exam (Objective and Subjective), a presentation of RoSPA's choice (mine was Acceleration), Advanced Driving Test to include Driving and Instructional Commentary, Advanced Driving Instructional Ability.

The Written exam has a 75% minimum mark
The Presentation is Pass/Fail
Advanced Drive is 75% minimum mark, 85% for a Merit and 90% for a Distinction
Instructional Ability is 60% minimum mark, 80% for a Merit and 90% for a Distinction

So, not too dissimilar to DSA ADI qualification.

On passing and enrolling on the Registers (RoSPA and DSA) that is effectively it.

RoSPA will not offer or guarantee you work and DSA will carry out your Standards Check.

In order to 'get on' in Fleet you have to be well up to date with WRSS (Work Related Road Safety), Accident causation - Reported Road Casualties GB helps, as do DfT Road Safety Research Reports. Learn all you can about Young Drivers, Older Drivers, Motorways, Drink/Drugs, the Fatal Four, Stress in the Workplace, the Governments Road Safety Strategy - No, forget that, there isn't one.

Almost essential now is a Teaching qualification. It was PTLLS in my case but I understand there is another set of letters that has replaced it.

Having vocational badges as you have cannot be understated. A lot of companies have vehicles over 3500kgs. It's definitely a bonus when you say, "Yes, I can do that."

#3 01-08-14 12:03:58

Neckender

Hi all,

I attended the RoSPA Dip course and it was brilliant, the tutors were excellent and displayed a lot of knowledge and opened my eyes into the way that driver training is going (HERMES Report).
I fully endorse and recommend this course for anyone who looking to develop their skills and knowledge further.

"Anyone who tries to make a distinction between education and entertainment doesn't know the first thing about either"

DSA LGV Inst,DSA ADI,SaFED Inst,IAM Advanced Car & Commercial,PTLLS,RoSPA Dip.

Board footer