You are not logged in.

#1 11-07-05 13:31:52

comet

failed part 3 today

ok so here it goes,left hand reverse ,downhill gradiant-taked about gradients clutch control and observations in breifing-he started out reversing too quick,1st i told him to ease the gas as we are going downhill,did,nt work,then he asked if he should push the clutch down a bit ,i foolishly told him to let it up a bit,then i told him to release the handbrake and let the car roll to keep the speed down ,it did,nt-penny finaly droppedstart on gas then move to brake.i used the duals too much and the acuracy was not too good. the second part i used too much retrospective instruction and again duals too much and regarding the retrospective instruction i feel i was trying too hard not to overinstruct.the score was awfull 2/3 but i felt like i did correct him at t junctions -coasting/right position/mspsl

11-07-05 13:31:52

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: failed part 3 today

#2 11-07-05 15:09:19

Crane
Verified Member
Website

:cry:  Sorry to hear you failed. It sounds as if you were quiet nervous, so the next time can only be better.
I drove with a friends son the other day (practise for both of us).  We did a  reverse to the left. For practise I asked him to reverse straight back beforehand.  He was always too fast.  I then remembered that I am supposed to tell him to depress the clutch as much as the thickness of a pound coin.  Well,  it worked.  Now he knows what I mean by slow.

Anyway,  good luck for next time! smile

I'm sure you can do it,too!

#3 11-07-05 15:19:58

Trumper
Verified Member

Why would you need to find the bite on a down hill slope? Why not simply keep the clutch pressed down , then reverse using brake control?
With regards to the accuracy, when setting out aims and objectives state today we will be working on observation and control. The accuracy will come with practice in future lessons. Simple

O.R.D.I.T. Dip D.I
Fleet reg
A.D.I  Car manual
Cardington A , D.I.A Special test, R.O.S.P.A , I.A.M

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#4 11-07-05 16:43:18

Crane
Verified Member
Website

Trumper wrote:

With regards to the accuracy, when setting out aims and objectives state today we will be working on observation and control. The accuracy will come with practice in future lessons. Simple

As the Examiner is a 'fast learner',  can you get away with it? I was told to keep control over every move on the first attempt and then to prompt if needed. If the Examiner gets it wrong have I not failed to teach it properly? :?

(and why do I see brackets instead of a highlighted text when I quote somebody?) :oops:

I'm sure you can do it,too!

#5 11-07-05 16:57:48

VandADI
Administrator

Hi comet, sorry to hear your news  sad

You must cover control, observation AND accuracy, you will not get the accuracy if you do not have control of the car e.g. good clutch control.  Using good Q and A would have established what 'pupil' knew/understood of clutch control.  It sounds like you lost control of the lesson by letting the 'pupil' make the mistakes and not applying the core competencies to rectifying the faults made.  Despite your attempts at correcting at junctions, you had not followed it through, again, not using the core competencies to establish why pupil was making mistakes.  You MUST be in control, and remain in control throughout the duration, it sounds as though you were on that runaway train, letting the SE take control of the lesson.
Better luck next time, remember, Identify, Analyse and Rectify EVERY fault.  Its the core competencies that get your grade..

#6 11-07-05 17:56:41

kestrelkevin44
Verified Member
Website

So sorry that you didn't pass. I can't offer any advice as I have not done part 3 myself yet other than now you know what to expect and what you need to work on before your next attempt.  I am sure you will be sucessful soon.
Alex

#7 11-07-05 20:39:54

comet

thanks for the posts.personaly i know a poor workman blames his tools but despite having 40 hours plus training i feel it was mainly pst based,which i,ve read about people being critical on this forum,the core competencies was introduced far too late and allso certain elements like the dual controls for example i did,nt touch untill last week ddespite comencing my part 3 training in april.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 12-07-05 06:37:12

Carl

Crane wrote:

(and why do I see brackets instead of a highlighted text when I quote somebody?) :oops:

Have a look in your profile and make sure BBCode is switched on.

Carl

#9 12-07-05 19:38:41

Natalie

Hi

I failed my part 3 again today 2nd attempt.  The SE was a nightmare.  Must have pulled him up at least 10 times to go through faults on phase 1 they just kept coming and he argued with 90% of them.  I got PST 10 Meet, adequate clearance and anticipation phase 1 and speed and road position on phase 2.  Didn't want that one.  Know why now.

Oh well, one more attempt to go.  I pushed it to the wire on part 2 as well.

Nats

#10 12-07-05 19:52:22

Trumper
Verified Member

Hi Natalie sorry to hear that you failed.

What faults did the SE do on phase 1 and 2?

O.R.D.I.T. Dip D.I
Fleet reg
A.D.I  Car manual
Cardington A , D.I.A Special test, R.O.S.P.A , I.A.M

#11 12-07-05 20:22:52

Rookie
Website

I think more mock tests are needed on all part 3 training , ful mocks wi full de-brief and help afterwards. That way we could all have mocks on all pst's about 4 times and pass. I guess?

"Look at the whole picture before you judge". "Judge oneself before you judge the Judger"..... The Rookster.Nov 05

#12 12-07-05 20:41:10

Natalie

Are you sitting comfortably.......then I will begin

Phase 1

To start he didn't put his belt on, then as he moved off he didn't check his blind spot or indicate.  By the time I had got through the core comps we had come to meeting traffic and he got too close and he was going too fast.  So I pulled him over and went through things.  Then he wouldn't slow down between cars and said he thought he could fit.  When we turned right he didn't check his door mirror but when I said he hadn't he said he had.  Went through more parked cars which was slightly better.

Phase 2

Wasn't as bad but he was speeding quite a bit and we had to have a discussion about 30mph roads with no repeater signs etc.  Also got too close to kurb but got that sorted after a few roads.

Nats

#13 13-07-05 06:28:46

sammie

sad  Sorry you failed, good luck next time

Idid it smile if i can anyone can

Board footer