You are not logged in.

#1 27-06-14 20:48:42

Gordonline
Verified Member

Hi All !!!!!!

Hi Everyone

A little intro to myself, I've recently become a PDI......Not sure that stands for "Provisional" or is it "Potential"  big_smile

I live in South Lincolnshire and work in the Fire Service, my main goal is to become a Blue Light Driving Instructor but due to changes in rules & regs I've been advised that I need an ADI qualification first before undertaking that role

Must admit that there's quite a bit involved in the Parts 1,2 & 3 (Fully understand why of course, alot of responsibility placing drivers out there on the roads)

Recently passed my Part 1 and my Part 2 is booked for 1st August, then the fun really starts with the Part 3 training cool

Hope I can contribute to this forum as well as pick up some good tips for my journey towards the "Green"

Gordon smile

The Glass is Always Half Full !!!!

27-06-14 20:48:42

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Hi All !!!!!!

#2 27-06-14 20:53:40

VandADI
Administrator

Hi Gordon, and welcome to the forum smile
You will find the road to becoming an ADI will be a challenging one, and I wish you the best of luck.
Let us know how you get on.
Vanda

#3 27-06-14 21:03:40

Gordonline
Verified Member

Thanks for your kind words, I'm fully aware of the hard work that awaits me, but as always I will give it 100% and have every intention of passing my Part 3 first time and will keep you posted on my progress

Gordon smile

#4 29-06-14 12:34:15

AUTAX
Verified Member

Hi Gordon, best of luck with your ambition.

I was invited to attend a training day at Hertfordshire Police as an observer. I'm very envious of you. Training for Blue Light Response must be very exilherating and rewarding. Good Luck.

Be Fear-less, go GEAR-LESS!

#5 30-06-14 22:25:57

Gordonline
Verified Member

Hi Autax

I have always been passionate about driving, I can't deny that driving a Fire Appliance on Blues & Twos is very exhilarating, it teaches you to anticipate and read people big time, and to expect the unexpected, stopping a 13 Ton truck isn't easy.

As you're aware I'm currently going through the process of obtaining an ADI qualification, I'm already realising it's not an easy process, I'm sure that teaching qualified drivers in any of the emergency services will be less demanding than teaching someone from scratch

My long term goal will not be easy as trying to get on a Blue Light Course in the Fire Service is proving very difficult, but perserverence will prevail in the long run

Gordon

#6 01-07-14 04:39:49

AUTAX
Verified Member

Whether it's less demanding I don't know. It's certainly different. For a start you have to have complete control as the adrenalin in the driver you are teaching is reaching overload limits at times. And then there are the members of the public.

If you want something badly enough you will attain it. Whereabouts are you based, roughly?

Be Fear-less, go GEAR-LESS!

#7 01-07-14 10:03:53

Gordonline
Verified Member

I live in Spalding south Lincolnshire and work in Peterborough smile

#8 01-07-14 15:38:19

daz6215
Verified Member

Hi Gordon do you intend to teach cat B vehicles in the Brigade?

#9 01-07-14 23:15:09

Gordonline
Verified Member

Hi Daz

Not really, but after doing plenty of research and getting advice from various sources, I was advised that obtaining an ADI qualification would be benificial and may possibly be essential in future

Gordon

#10 02-07-14 05:35:31

daz6215
Verified Member

I agree, i think it's better to future proof yourself and prepare for any changes that may develop in the coming years!

Board footer