You are not logged in.

#1 31-05-14 06:57:35

astill

Steeton test centre

Hi

I've got a candidate at Steeton test centre - first one there for me. Any advice on routes around there?  I know Keighley and Silsden pretty well.  Any advice on less obvious places to cover would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Peter

31-05-14 06:57:35

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Steeton test centre

#2 31-05-14 12:01:21

Joe24
Verified Member

Keighley routes seem favorite from this TC. I've not used the TC myself but know plenty who have. According to them most of the time the tests end up in Keighley. Silsden/ Addingham are possibilities and Skipton/Crosshills are also places they could go.

Chances are because of the location of the TC your pupil will get the bypass at some point on their test so make sure they are up to scratch with that. It's not a bad place to start a test. Can be a little busy at times but still better than your Bradford/Leeds test areas.

Skipton has to be one of the easiest areas to start a test. That's my local TC of choice. (up to the pupil at end of day but most decide on Skipton)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 04-06-14 05:40:43

christinerobs

Hi Joe,

If a pupil lives in crosshills next to the train station what area would you suggest to teach them in as it borders the dual carriage way towards keighley?

Why do you say "Skipton has to be one of the easiest areas to start a test. That's my local TC of choice" where do you teach?

Joe24 wrote:

Keighley routes seem favorite from this TC. I've not used the TC myself but know plenty who have. According to them most of the time the tests end up in Keighley. Silsden/ Addingham are possibilities and Skipton/Crosshills are also places they could go.

Chances are because of the location of the TC your pupil will get the bypass at some point on their test so make sure they are up to scratch with that. It's not a bad place to start a test. Can be a little busy at times but still better than your Bradford/Leeds test areas.

Skipton has to be one of the easiest areas to start a test. That's my local TC of choice. (up to the pupil at end of day but most decide on Skipton)

#4 04-06-14 12:27:07

Joe24
Verified Member

From Crosshill's, Skipton is only about 10mins drive. I would certainly choose Skipton over Keighley areas. Steeton TC is also close by. If you go for Steeton I'd explore the Keighley area.
Not sure of the current statistics but Skipton test centre pass rate was always well above other local test centres.

I personally live on the Lancs/Yorks border so I use Nelson and Skipton TC's.

Anyway I've sent you a PM with a bit more info on Skipton.

One word of warning-- The tour de France comes through this area in a couple of weeks and I'm told most roads will be closed to cars. The Crosshills-Keighley bypass will be used as a car park!!! (or so I'm told) So I would google the exact dates and avoid the area on that date.

Board footer