You are not logged in.

#1 29-04-14 07:43:17

pedigreemalc
Verified Member

Groupon. I know you've heard it before. But this!!

Hi all
I live and work in Derby.
In February this year 2 driving schools advertised on groupon
1st
Drivinglessons.com Who already of for 10 hours for £99
Offer on groupon 4 hours for £15. 100 taken

2nd In the right lane. Groupon offer 4 hours for £13. 100+ taken
They are NOW offering on groupon 4 hours for £15  80+ taken as of today. AND 4 hours for £13 60+ taken.

Now that is 1400+ hours that some instructors have to work for NOTHING

been there done that got the t`shirt

29-04-14 07:43:17

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Groupon. I know you've heard it before. But this!!

#2 29-04-14 07:45:19

Roadmaster
Verified Member

There are lots of charity workers in our profession  lol

#3 29-04-14 09:11:34

Joe24
Verified Member

More fool them.

#4 29-04-14 15:31:54

finch

Difficult for me to comment as I know some of the individuals involved but its just another nail in the learner market coffin for some, glad I mainly do Fleet .

#5 29-04-14 16:36:38

Yorkshire Lass

Before i joined fishers they did them but i am glad to say they have not done them for two years now thank GOD. The boss to be fair used to I understand make up the difference to the instructor but i am led to belive the customers were not worth having.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#6 29-04-14 21:34:44

MAZ
Verified Member

pedigreemalc wrote:

Hi all
I live and work in Derby.
In February this year 2 driving schools advertised on groupon
1st
Drivinglessons.com Who already of for 10 hours for £99
Offer on groupon 4 hours for £15. 100 taken

2nd In the right lane. Groupon offer 4 hours for £13. 100+ taken
They are NOW offering on groupon 4 hours for £15  80+ taken as of today. AND 4 hours for £13 60+ taken.

Now that is 1400+ hours that some instructors have to work for NOTHING

It's actually worse than nothing, given that Groupon take around half of the money, so the instructor will not even be covering fuel costs.

Unfortunately this is the "death rattle" for this school given that 10 for £99 has not pulled in the work, paying to teach your own pupils is the fast track to bankruptcy.

Maz.

#7 30-04-14 18:45:58

metalmicky
Verified Member
Website

Won't be me.  If they're daft enough to work for nothing, leave them to it and let them go out of business.  That way the rest of us can earn a living at a decent rate.

Just because I'm a driving instructor, it doesn't make me a dual control freak. 
www.way-ahead-driving.co.uk

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 30-04-14 19:56:55

AUTAX
Verified Member

metalmicky wrote:

Won't be me.  If they're daft enough to work for nothing, leave them to it and let them go out of business.  That way the rest of us can earn a living at a decent rate.

+1 MM

Be Fear-less, go GEAR-LESS!

#9 30-04-14 21:01:20

daz6215
Verified Member

There's lots of busy fools out there!  wink

#10 02-05-14 12:22:26

russchaplin2410
Verified Member
Website

I don't think anybody has to work so cheap if they don't want to. These stupid offers only bring the wrong type of pupil in anyway. I think there are plenty of people out there who will pay the proper rate for a good instructor.

I'm Russ Chaplin. I teach driving in the Nottingham area. I am also a driving instructor trainer. visit me at driving lessons Nottingham

Board footer