You are not logged in.

#1 29-04-14 16:31:41

ipsdriver

How Do You Manage Your Bookings & Diary

Just wondering how people manage their bookings and run their diary.

At the moment I put info into my ipad calendar which syncs to macs and iPhone. Then I send a text a few days beforehand as a reminder. I keep an excel sheet for each students showing payments and lesson dates and times alongside. Also has progress and general details on.

At the moment I feel there are too many "parts".

My worst fear is double booking!

Any ideas? smile

29-04-14 16:31:41

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: How Do You Manage Your Bookings & Diary

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 29-04-14 17:52:15

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Have a look at records app by Neil beaver.
You can keep all your payment details, pupil details, progress sheets in one app.

#3 29-04-14 21:08:16

martin Williams
Verified Member

I use a £2.99 Day a page diary and put notes by the bookings works a treat and around £400 cheaper than the latest ipad. I don't send any text reminders as their next lesson is in their progress and appointment book which they keep with them. When they pay they just sign name next to lesson time and price on a spread sheet around 50 lessons go on each sheet.

Woks for me and it's low cost.

#4 29-04-14 21:08:56

MAZ
Verified Member

For 6 months I have used ipad "WeekCal", it will run parallel with the native ipad/iphone calender so you can try it without losing what you already use. It allows you to use different colours for areas/lesson types or whatever, one touch of the appointment gives lots of info including location on street map how many minutes it will take to travel to the next appointment, will show red if you have not allowed enough time. It works great for me, drag & drop is turned off, so you can't accidentally move a lesson, I can't imagine how it is possible to "double book". I sync to the cloud every night during charging, couldn't live without it now.

Maz.

#5 29-04-14 21:36:56

sofasurfer
Verified Member

Google calendar synched with my iPhone works for me no problems. You can even share your diary with pupils if you wish (I don't) :-)

#6 29-04-14 21:56:36

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

I've adopted computer technology from when the little Sinclair ZX80 came out in 1980, worked as an electronics technician, and studied IT & computer programming at a university - but I still prefer my day-to-a-page paper diary for bookings.
Because my diary is in a constant state of change & upheaval, I've had to adopt lead pencil & erasor technology to keep on top of things.

But if you are happy with an iPad or similar, I recommend you go down that path - as Maz says, syncing with the cloud makes it close to foolproof (and turning off drag & drop is an excellent idea).

I once lost my paper diary and panic ensued but luckily for me it was after the last lesson of the day and I had time to back-track in my mind all the places I'd been to where I could have left it.
Next morning as soon as the local supermarket opened, I galloped inside and sure enough, there was my diary sitting untouched on a pile of super-cheap shoes I'd been looking at.
I learned from that and have never mislaid it since.

My work is varied - I do theory classes & in-car training for two different government sponsored programs, rehabilitation assessments with occupational therapists, rehabilitation driving lessons, and ordinary "cash customers" who could be pay as you go, invoiced, or using gift certificates.

To keep track of all this I use Excel sheets as "activity logs", 1 sheet every calendar month.
These logs have every possible detail of driving lesson dates & times, payment method, tax component, invoice & receipt numbers if applicable, and a comments section.
I keep additional sheets for students (1 sheet for student) if they are using a set of gift vouchers or if their rehab sessions are funded by insurance.
It's a bit or work for me to update it every evening but it's worth it.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

#7 30-04-14 05:55:03

reddragonbus
Verified Member

I have a ring binder, I print off an A4 sheet with a week on it, there are columns for each day and boxes for my "periods". I write the information on this. At the end of the week the takings for each day are entered in a box at the bottom of the sheet and the sheet is kept for my accounts.

Then I have a google calender which I use as a back up which I make available to my customers.

I recently up graded to a smart phone but I don't use that to update my google calender at the end of lessons. I do that at home using the pc as it is quicker and easier.

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

#8 30-04-14 05:57:11

AUTAX
Verified Member

My Android phone is my lifeline. It syncs with Google on my Mac. Lessons can be booked,edited or deleted during discussion with my pupil.

For years now I use the voice recorder app and when the pupil has left I record about a minutes worth of the lesson recording the highs & lows of the lesson and what we agreed to be working on the next lesson. I can then clear my mind and just before the next lesson listen to their previous recording and basically load my mind with thevinformation of the last lesson.

Try writing down what can be recorded in a minute.

Last edited by AUTAX (30-04-14 06:02:25)

Be Fear-less, go GEAR-LESS!

Board footer