You are not logged in.

#1 26-04-14 17:03:23

driving 2000

Roundabouts

I post a few things on here still no reply so I will try an explain it better

Roundabout four different ways to exit , when I am driving I get confuse to what lane to exit from sometimes I feel I might exit the wrong one an crash into a car head on , is there a way to tell if I am going the right way to a exit

I hope you all understand what I am trying to say thanks

26-04-14 17:03:23

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Roundabouts

#2 26-04-14 17:35:56

Roadmaster
Verified Member

Are you taking lessons with an instructor at present?

#3 26-04-14 19:53:09

AUTAX
Verified Member

What country are you originally from?

Be Fear-less, go GEAR-LESS!

#4 26-04-14 23:00:15

driving 2000

Hello thanks for the reply

Yes I am taking driving lesson with a instructor

And I live in the uk

I am from stoke and trent

Thanks

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#5 27-04-14 09:00:23

(ROG)
Verified Member

driving 2000 wrote:

And I live in the uk

Thanks

I get the impression that trying to explain an issue in writing is difficult for you to do so would advise that verbally discussing it with your instructor is a better option

You are not alone with this and is no reflection on your competency

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 27-04-14 16:04:38

driving 2000

(ROG) wrote:
driving 2000 wrote:

And I live in the uk

Thanks

I get the impression that trying to explain an issue in writing is difficult for you to do so would advise that verbally discussing it with your instructor is a better option

You are not alone with this and is no reflection on your competency

I do find it hard to explain my self but I don't think my words are a problem I am sure people could work it out lol

#7 27-04-14 17:40:14

Laurence Jacquemin ADI
Verified Member
Website

driving 2000 wrote:

Roundabout four different ways to exit , when I am driving I get confuse to what lane to exit from sometimes I feel I might exit the wrong one an crash into a car head on , is there a way to tell if I am going the right way to a exit

In order to confirm my understanding of what you are asking here is a link to a Roundabout, am I correct in saying that you are sometimes confused, as you put it, as to what is the exit lane, and what is the entrance for cars (where the black car is on this link), and you sometimes feel you may end up taking the wrong one and end up on the wrong ride of the road facing oncoming traffic?

Could you please confirm if my understanding is correct.

#8 27-04-14 19:24:02

driving 2000

Laurence Jacquemin ADI wrote:
driving 2000 wrote:

In order to confirm my understanding of what you are asking here is a link to a Roundabout, am I correct in saying that you are sometimes confused, as you put it, as to what is the exit lane, and what is the entrance for cars (where the black car is on this link), and you sometimes feel you may end up taking the wrong one and end up on the wrong ride of the road facing oncoming traffic?

Yes you got that a 100% right thanks for understanding

#9 27-04-14 21:43:21

Laurence Jacquemin ADI
Verified Member
Website

driving 2000 wrote:
driving 2000 wrote:

Pleased to hear that :-) I have had some pupils who also have the same concern.

So the question really is how can you tell what is the exit and what is the entrance. A few things I would consider:

To explain here is another example of a roundabout, notice the exit has a blue keep left sign, the exit does NOT have a single white line, whereas the entrance does. The angle for the exit is a much smoother turn than the entrance, in fact it would be almost impossible to turn down the entrance on this example!

Also see on this example there is an information sign confirming where the exit goes, in this case Brighton, but it could be a tourist attraction, local suburb or something like that, basically where people may want to go.

Those are a few things I can think of off the top of my head, if there is a specific roundabout that is confusing then you could go onto Google maps and post a link on here and we can all see what we think.

#10 27-04-14 22:08:24

AUTAX
Verified Member

The reason I asked what country are you from was to help us understand your problem better.

Be Fear-less, go GEAR-LESS!

#11 27-04-14 22:39:17

driving 2000

driving 2000 wrote:

Pleased to hear that :-) I have had some pupils who also have the same concern.

So the question really is how can you tell what is the exit and what is the entrance. A few things I would consider:

To explain here is another example of a roundabout, notice the exit has a blue keep left sign, the exit does NOT have a single white line, whereas the entrance does. The angle for the exit is a much smoother turn than the entrance, in fact it would be almost impossible to turn down the entrance on this example!

Also see on this example there is an information sign confirming where the exit goes, in this case Brighton, but it could be a tourist attraction, local suburb or something like that, basically where people may want to go.

Those are a few things I can think of off the top of my head, if there is a specific roundabout that is confusing then you could go onto Google maps and post a link on here and we can all see what we think.

Thanks for your time an effort I aprechate  all you do for me , it makes me abit happy that I no a few more things on the roundabout to help me get into right exit , when I come a cross something that I am not sure of I will be letting you all no thanks

Last edited by driving 2000 (27-04-14 22:41:54)

#12 28-04-14 08:55:21

driving 2000

AUTAX wrote:

The reason I asked what country are you from was to help us understand your problem better.

Yes all good thanks

Uk

Stoke on trent

Board footer