You are not logged in.

#26 10-03-14 10:32:38

Neckender

Re: Fleet training

All good info.

At the moment i'm trying to get quotes together, so i can go back to the company with the costs. Struggling at the moment i'm not getting much back to be honest.

What i'm after is a intensive ADI course followed by a Fleet trainer course in around the Stoke On Trent area. Could anyone help me out, point me in the right direction.

"Anyone who tries to make a distinction between education and entertainment doesn't know the first thing about either"

DSA LGV Inst,DSA ADI,SaFED Inst,IAM Advanced Car & Commercial,PTLLS,RoSPA Dip.

10-03-14 10:32:38

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

#27 10-03-14 14:42:03

sofasurfer
Verified Member

There are no quick routes to ADI, in my experience it takes about 12 months. Don't believe anyone who tells  you it can be done in a few months, the DSA controls the process, not you.

Last edited by sofasurfer (10-03-14 15:57:10)

#28 10-03-14 15:34:58

martin Williams
Verified Member

Sofasurfer is correct it's not like a normal driving test which could take a week or two with an intensive course.  For me it took the best part of 18 months and it was hard work.

Last edited by martin Williams (10-03-14 15:35:24)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#29 10-03-14 16:23:34

reddragonbus
Verified Member

For ADI training in Stoke on Trent

http://www.excelsiortraining.co.uk/

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#30 10-03-14 18:46:37

ratty

Neckender wrote:

Hi there I already do my company's licence acquisition and driver training for LGV and I am now looking to tackle our 250+ company car drivers.

Your advice on how to become a fleet trainer is what i'm after.

As you already (should!) have a good knowledge of the Highway Code I really don't see why you should have lessons for part 1 of the DSA tests. Look up on the internet what is involved in parts 1 and 2 of the ADI exams, you will probably have to do some extra reading before the test, but I doubt you require actual lessons. The same for part 2, surely you are a decent driver with an understanding of how the DSA does things because of what you have said above. I would advise you to have an assessment with someone and see how that goes before booking training.

I fully accept that you will probably have to have some training for your part 3 test.

#31 10-03-14 19:24:30

sofasurfer
Verified Member

I've lost track of the number of people who have failed parts 1 and 2 because they thought they had sufficient knowledge and skills. I've been at the test centre when they fail part 2, it's a wake up call to get trained. I passed all 3 tests at the first attempt because I had a good trainer. There are no shortcuts. If the employer is paying, cost should not be an issue.
Don't let your emoyer down by underestimating the time and cost, they won't thank you if you fail part 2 or 3. The overall pass rate is very low.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#32 10-03-14 21:02:22

ratty

sofasurfer wrote:

I've lost track of the number of people who have failed parts 1 and 2 because they thought they had sufficient knowledge and skills. I've been at the test centre when they fail part 2, it's a wake up call to get trained. I passed all 3 tests at the first attempt because I had a good trainer. There are no shortcuts. If the employer is paying, cost should not be an issue.
Don't let your emoyer down by underestimating the time and cost, they won't thank you if you fail part 2 or 3. The overall pass rate is very low.

Whilst I understand this point of view, surely someone already working as a trainer should not have too many problems with passing parts 1 and 2!

I accept that there is more to part 1 than just the HC, but it is possible for someone to find out what else is required and learn this.

I'm sorry but part 2 should not be too difficult for someone who is already teaching others. A working instructor should be able to drive well enough to pass their part 2 test.

#33 10-03-14 22:25:08

sofasurfer
Verified Member

From the earlier posts it is clear that he is not an instructor ! Sometimes I sit in the test centre waiting for a pupil to return and a part 2 or 3 candidate turns up. A few friendly questions about their preparation usually makes me wince. No trainer, doesn't know the area, 2nd or 3rd attempt; very few pass. Don't further the belief that you can teach yourself part 2, it's not helpful to give false hope. It's tough to pass, get a good trainer and do what they tell you.

#34 11-03-14 07:42:59

Neckender

Wow, there are some extremes of people on this forum.

Some very positive and encouraging then the polar opposites.

However I thank everyone for taking the time to reply, there are a lot of interesting points that have been made.

"Anyone who tries to make a distinction between education and entertainment doesn't know the first thing about either"

DSA LGV Inst,DSA ADI,SaFED Inst,IAM Advanced Car & Commercial,PTLLS,RoSPA Dip.

Board footer