You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 03-03-11 21:40:28

Pilgrim
Verified Member
Website

Driving Assessment

Hi All

Please can you help I've been approached by a friend who has not driven for a few years. He wants help to bring his confidence back.

He has asked me to give him a report I need help as to how to create a good report.

What topics & subjects should I mention in my report.

Tony

Offering You the Freedom of Drivng in Boston
www.bostondrivingschool.co.uk
www.12drive.co.uk

03-03-11 21:40:28

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Driving Assessment

#2 04-03-11 13:20:57

Gizmotime
Administrator

Hiya don't know if this is the type of thing you are looking for  :oops: a report on signals. observation,acceleration. gear changing, braking, sterring, positioning, conering, overtaking. What the general drive was like bringing together skills etc etc.
Sorry if I have missunderstood you.

Giz

#3 04-03-11 21:10:35

Pilgrim
Verified Member
Website

Thanks Anita

I'm not to sure what he expectys I'll talk to him when he comes back from Hoilday

Tony

Offering You the Freedom of Drivng in Boston
www.bostondrivingschool.co.uk
www.12drive.co.uk

#4 04-03-11 21:47:55

Adi1234

I don't think You should go into too much detail with The report. I would suggest three areas Control. Road Manners attitude. I would also make sure that You are very positive with the feedback making sure You use a praise Bun with the things that need improving as the filler of the bun.

#5 05-03-11 09:53:17

on board training

Hi,

I have had a look at your website and you state you use training reports and use a training matrix. Do you also provide written reports for each lesson as they may do for your driving assessment.

We use a driving assessment sheet which can be used for pre-17, 17+, PT2 and Advanced and if someone requires a written report for court we can provide this also, covering the main areas.

Brian

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 05-03-11 12:14:51

(ROG)
Verified Member

Hi All

Please can you help I've been approached by a friend who has not driven for a few years. He wants help to bring his confidence back.

He has asked me to give him a report I need help as to how to create a good report.

What topics & subjects should I mention in my report.

Tony

I do many of these for free using their vehicle without doing reports

All those I have helped just wanted to verbally know what areas, if any, they needed to improve on to be safe

Always did another drive or drives as follow up

IAM Observer
Leicester group of advanced motorists
LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008

#7 09-03-14 17:07:24

russchaplin2410
Verified Member
Website

I like to use an occupational assessment pad when giving one off assessments. it is based on a simple scoring system. people relate to scores and often it can be an incentive to try again and improve the score. You could also just use a driving test marking form and base the outcome on that.

I'm Russ Chaplin. I teach driving in the Nottingham area. I am also a driving instructor trainer. visit me at driving lessons Nottingham

#8 10-03-14 05:34:44

tuscanv6
Website

Hey Tony, If this is about improving his confidence then you'd need to be careful that the report doesn't inadvertently knock his confidence. It's important that the wording focuses on outcomes and solutions as opposed to outright criticism or arbitrary measures (e.g. 3/5 for throttle control). Confidence is gained when a person can see that the improvement they need to make (or at least, the next step) is easily within reach and not daunting.
The other question to ask is whether a report is really necessary.
Your friend sounds like he's a very efficient, organised visual learner (which is why he wants a structured visual representation of what he is 'doing' wrong). Perhaps a set of structured objectives for him to achieve over the next few weeks might be better (and will appeal to his personality type), and if he's not that confident, then there are plenty of long straight(ish) B roads around where we are, right!  smile
However, what Russ said is good, too - simple scoring is a kind of 'gamification' and if people see improvement then they get motivated.

Darren

Board footer