You are not logged in.

#1 06-07-05 20:45:03

tuftyclub
Verified Member
Website

pst's in the car park or at the location?

I was wondering which pst's you should brief in the car park for phase 1 and which at the location, i briefed my emergency stop in the car park and the se told me in the debrief that it would have been better to have done it at the location (although he didn't mark me down for it).

So now i'm thinking pst 1 - 5 at the location (pst 5 doing mirrors in the car park as he'll need them for the drive); and pst 6 - 10 in the car park as he'll need them for the drive.

Any thoughts?

06-07-05 20:45:03

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: pst's in the car park or at the location?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 06-07-05 21:43:44

jeni
Verified Member
Website

Tufty

Ask your trainer to clarify it depends on your ADI test centre and your trainer should know the SE's and what they prefer

If your trainer does not answer to your satisfaction call SE and make appointment and run through the PST's with him

regards   lol

Jeni

Jeni Holland ADI Driving Instructor Trainer (Passed Ordit 2006) Pay as you go trainer
www.abfabdec.co.uk

Poole Dorset 01202 259382

#3 07-07-05 11:07:52

Happijocks

Tufty,  I've been told that:

PST 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (em stop)  should be at the location
PST 5 (mirrors), 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 at car park

Just like you said  big_smile

Cheers

HJ smile

#4 07-07-05 17:28:40

jeni
Verified Member
Website

Hi

I would suggest you def run past SE I had a part 3 today who was asked to teach beg controls in car park - last month another had same subject asked to drive to location

In our TC they often ask for approach junctions/emerg to be done in car park as you have to use these to get out of car park

It depends on SE and listen carefully to what their word picture is

Regards   lol

Jeni

Jeni Holland ADI Driving Instructor Trainer (Passed Ordit 2006) Pay as you go trainer
www.abfabdec.co.uk

Poole Dorset 01202 259382

#5 07-07-05 17:52:39

JonnyG
Verified Member
Website

in relation to the controls lesson..

I was taught that I should drive him to the location, making him watch how i steer, or use the msn routine.
Then switch seats and talk hiom through the controls.

My instructor said that the SE doesnt expect you to get to the hand controls or moving off'/ stopping, otherwise, you are taking too long.

If yo look at the marking sheet, it has a dashed line, thats where he will stop you.

#6 08-07-05 07:27:40

skip qualify
Verified Member

hi

my tutor is telling me that for wallington TC I should give my briefing for the emergency stop in the car park as the area for doing the ES is not far away. Most people here seem to give the briefing at the location. Anyone done ES at wallington ????

any other wallington based advice welcomed  big_smile

cheers

#7 08-07-05 11:22:06

BONNY1708

Hi All,

Just want to echo what you have said already.

On a couple of occasions the examiner in Plymouth has asked for crossroads briefing to be done at the training area. It is about 5 mins away up a d/carriageway.

Listen to what the SE wants, if you are not sure then ask.

BONNY1708

#8 08-07-05 11:22:24

BONNY1708

Hi All,

Just want to echo what you have said already.

On a couple of occasions the examiner in Plymouth has asked for crossroads briefing to be done at the training area. It is about 5 mins away up a d/carriageway.

Listen to what the SE wants, if you are not sure then ask.

BONNY1708

#9 09-07-05 17:48:22

luchell

i would say if you get to moving off/stopping on pst one i would say youve skimped on something. i would expect to get to the hand controls being gear lever handbrake and steering wheel, indicators. maybe not to the other anxcillary controls e.g lights wipers depends on the weather but id know if i had time for them at the end. i only intend to put those in should time allow. hand controls in general though, why not?

Board footer