You are not logged in.

#1 07-07-05 16:21:46

bertie

Failed P3 today

Oh, well I just was'nt good enough!. Got PST9 and got 3/3. Examiner was great and just said i'm close but need a bit more time. Not much of a consolation to gets 6's for attitude and approach to pupil but SE says it's what he likes to see in an instructor, and if i sort my shortcomings i'll be good. Oh well, not long to sept 7th! Thanks to those who have taken the time to wish me well.

07-07-05 16:21:46

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Failed P3 today

#2 07-07-05 16:33:27

Django

Now then chin up and go into the next one ready to do battle. Sorry you didn't do it this time but if you listen to the advice of the SE then you should get through.

Keep the faith

#3 07-07-05 16:38:34

Rookie
Website

Doet let the B**stards grind u down!

Wht u fail on?

"Look at the whole picture before you judge". "Judge oneself before you judge the Judger"..... The Rookster.Nov 05

#4 07-07-05 18:38:06

comet

hard luck about that,there seems to be an awfull lot of these posts lately.i have my part 3 on monday ,please share with us what went wrong,better luck next time

#5 07-07-05 20:20:06

bertie

T hanks for your encouragement folks.  In phase 1 I simply let the brief drag on too long and left too liitle time for the practice. In the second phase he said I did'nt cover the different types of crossings. Thought someone near their test should know them, but maybe he meant questioning him on the crossings we came across to check his knowledge.
well it's a bit of a blur now so i'm probably a bit confused.
Oh well, next time I will be ready. In my heart i felt that i was'nt quite ready and it turned out to be true.  Moral of the story, don't underestimate
the work required to get though it - 40 hrs? phaw!! 60 plus more like!

Best of luck, comet, on Monday! It was'nt the ordeal I thought it would be to be honest. Really listen to the SE because they do try and help you indirectly, unfortuately, I missed it a couple times when they tried to throw me a lifeline, damm it! smile

#6 08-07-05 13:42:56

Rog
Website

Bertie,

I'm really sorry to hear your news, although, I did burst out laughing at your last line about the life line. Better luck next time mate  wink

One thing I did want to ask was with regard to your brief. I spend a lot of time practising mine and try to fit as much info in to make my life a little easier. I've just completed my crossroads brief, which is hovering around 10 mins. I know this is 2 mins over, but if I speed it up any more I'll sound like Chip and Dale off the cartoons!! Do you know how long your over running brief took?

Thanks and all the best
Rog

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

#7 09-07-05 17:43:21

luchell

i wouldnt say cross roads need to last that long. narrow your briefing down to the main points. recap on mspsl and emerging at t junctions. then onto main points.

priority at crossroads
going major/major (looking into the roads) major/minor
position to go ahead  and approaching vehicles turning right. n/s o/s explaination safest etc also that its not always possible to use o/s to o/s

observation of vehicles appraoching and cyclists and pedestrians. main difference being the LOOK part of mspsl at crossroads then get em on the move. just my impression you understand lol

Board footer