You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 22-02-14 23:20:45

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

A bad day, but a good day too.

I got my automatic back after 4 weeks in the workshop getting a replacement head, radiator, water pump, hoses, timing belt etc; it cost me A$5,000 / £2,700 which just about blew my rainy day savings.

I spent ages texting my auto students that the car was back - I'd lost some who'd gone elsewhere but I still had enough to fill my diary for a week, so away I went doing manual and auto lessons to recoup the $$$'s.
The auto ran beautifully as it usually does (I really love the old Lancer) but on Friday at 5pm when I dropped off a student we noticed smoke from under the bonnet, it was a busted transmission oil hose and oil was running down the gutter.

At least it wasn't a cooked engine as I first feared but I had to wait nearly 3 hours for the tow truck, it was hot & steamy weather and I was soaked in sweat when it arrived.
When I got home at 8:30pm I slipped on the bath mat and badly aggravated a problem with my left shoulder, I had trouble sleeping that night.

That was the "bad day" part of things.
The "good day" part: the young man living in the house I was parked alongside came out to check if I was OK and asked if I wanted to come inside out of the heat and have a drink (I preferred to stay with the car), he also came out when the truck arrived to help move my car into position.

I was entertained by his little  8-week old Jack Russell puppy on their front lawn chasing, capturing, and tearing apart a plastic toy.
Because the plastic was basically stationery, the puppy did the "chasing" bit by running in big circles around it then suddenly pouncing on it and tearing it apart with terrifying growls.
I was also visited by a well-fed grey & white cat from across the road who came up to me with his tail straight up meowing advice, he looked pretty old and was probably black & white when younger.
He ended up on my lap while I sat in the passenger seat with the door open watching the puppy, it made waiting for the tow truck a lot easier to bear.
I'm not allowed to have animals in my rented unit so I didn't mind having a couple of temporary pets for a while.

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

22-02-14 23:20:45

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: A bad day, but a good day too.

#2 23-02-14 01:05:33

MAZ
Verified Member

I read your post and close my eyes and try to imagine this, idyllic picture you paint (apart from the busted hose and the repair bills of course) knowing outside it is dark, cold and damp here in the UK.
Ah well! A holiday in sunny Cyprus booked for Easter.
Good luck with the auto Zipper.

Maz.

#3 23-02-14 17:57:09

ger
Verified Member
Website

I know how you feel about pets no mater what day I have had when I get home my dog is waiting tail going when I sit down she get on my lap for a hug trouble is she  is 35klo 

ger

#4 03-03-14 01:41:03

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

Another "bad" part - I didn't receive replies from some clients that I'd texted, and also wasn't getting vital computer-generated texts that I needed to organise being paid for doing government-subsidised lessons.

I disabled the "block calls" settings on my Galaxy Note 3 (Android) phone, but it didn't change anything.
Eventually I found a "Spam" setting in the messaging settings with some numbers on the Spam List (how they got there I don't know) but at least I now know to check that setting on a regular basis!

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

Board footer