You are not logged in.

#1 03-02-13 20:30:33

martin Williams
Verified Member

Insurance renewal

Once again my car insurance is due for renewal. As normal Waveney have sent out a form for me to check that my details are correct so they can get me the best deal possible.
Now last year some how they managed to lower their best deal possible from 450 to 350. It really annoys me when they do this so, this year i will be changing insurance company if i find one which is lower that their first renewal quote.

Do all Insurance companies do this or is it just Waveney?

Last edited by martin Williams (03-02-13 20:34:02)

03-02-13 20:30:33

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Insurance renewal

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 03-02-13 21:27:08

kaf
Verified Member
Website

It is a pretty common thing, every year you should compare prices, you owe them the same loyalty they show you!

#3 03-02-13 21:39:50

RobC
Verified Member
Website

Haggled Waveney down last year after getting a much cheaper quote from Adrian Flux.

Waveney - 01603 753 888
Barry Grainger - 0845 408 5447
DIA - 0800 458 0823 / Quote Me Today - 0800 988 9255 (Same company)
Mastercover - 0208 236 3600
Watkin Davies - 0845 600 1300 / Instructor Cover Plus - 029 2062 9413 (Same company)
Lloyd Latchford - 01844 275 555
Adrian Flux - 0800 369 8590
Insurance4Instructors - 01603 301770
C&A Mackie - 0500 13 06 46
Oval - 0845 7697 323
CIC Insurance - 01245 243500

www.midasbustraining.webs.com
Midas Minibus Driver Assessor Trainer & Passenger Assistant Trainer
DVSA Fleet Registered Trainer

#4 03-02-13 22:18:48

martin Williams
Verified Member

Thank you RobC for that list it will save me a fair bit of time looking for numbers. Has anyone got any more to add to the list?

#5 04-02-13 18:48:30

Triplea35
Verified Member

I am ringing round for quotes at the moment, got 50 cheaper with Adrian flux than renewal quote from Mastercover.

A few seem to be asking for your ADI grade. Does your current grade effect premiuns at the moment?

#6 04-02-13 19:02:21

CantThinkofaName
Verified Member

A couple of years ago my insurance company quoted me double my previous premium so I got quotes elsewhere that were cheaper than the previous year. I phoned my insurance to tell them I was canceling and within 10 minutes they phoned with a lower quote than the other company. Since that they have been more sensible with the renewals.

DKL Driving School Belfast www.drivinglessonsbelfast.co.uk

#7 04-02-13 21:35:13

smithwold
Verified Member
Website

When my renewal came through from Waveney it went up!
Called them and said not a chance, did they wish to re-quote?
Came down a bit and told them goodbye before searching elsewhere.
Literally all the other companies I called were considerably less but C & A Mackie halved Waveneys best offer!

#8 05-02-13 22:02:49

Lynne
Verified Member

Funnily enough mine is due tomorrow.  Gone over to Lloyd Latchford, their quote was cheaper than Waveney and that was without me telling them how much Waveney were quoting (after their first 'reduction').

Then Waveney rang again to say they had a better deal  roll they were still 30 more though.  I told them they'd better just wait until next year, get in touch and offer me a decent quote straight away.  Get fed up with doing the runaround for Waveney, as pleasant as they are.

Last edited by Lynne (05-02-13 22:03:31)

#9 05-02-13 22:21:58

johnp
Verified Member

Had the same situation with Waveney but they were honest enough to say they could not match Adrian Flux.

Today AFlux sent me 40 for recommending my son took an insurance out with them.
40 for recommendations.

Last edited by johnp (05-02-13 22:22:26)

Driving is books-
1. "safe and responsible INDEPENDENCE."
2. "DISABILITY into ABILITY" 
3. "PSYCHOLOGY than SYSTEMS.
www.drivingincludesu.co.uk

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#10 05-02-13 23:53:37

Terrier
Banned

smithwold wrote:

When my renewal came through from Waveney it went up!
Called them and said not a chance, did they wish to re-quote?
Came down a bit and told them goodbye before searching elsewhere.
Literally all the other companies I called were considerably less but C & A Mackie halved Waveneys best offer!

I've had the same problem with Waveney for years, so last year I sacked them, got a quote from C&A Mackie it was 160 less than waveney and a good policy.

ADI Development Greater Manchester & Cheshire Grade 6 ORDIT Approved
Cardington Grade A  RoSPA Gold
DSA External Trainer Certificate for Instructor Training

#11 06-02-13 09:11:51

robcooling
Verified Member
Website

I've been with Watkins Davies and it always goes down a little bit every year, don't think it's ever gone up.

Rob

http://www.appledriving.co.uk - Driving Lessons in Nottingham

#12 06-02-13 17:00:48

geebee
Verified Member

here we all are shopping around for the best price  and what do we think of pupils who do this

#13 06-02-13 17:21:03

Terrier
Banned

True but insurance companies won't come down to the silly level that some driving schools do.

ADI Development Greater Manchester & Cheshire Grade 6 ORDIT Approved
Cardington Grade A  RoSPA Gold
DSA External Trainer Certificate for Instructor Training

#14 06-02-13 17:55:15

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Geebee, do you seriously just pay the renewal then?

Insurance is insurance, there is little difference between policies, so price is all we have to compare on.

#15 06-02-13 18:36:56

geebee
Verified Member

All the pupil compares is price  just as we do
Driving lessons is driving lesson in the eyes of the pupil

Last edited by geebee (06-02-13 18:42:20)

#16 06-02-13 19:04:30

la.monikita
Verified Member

The list, courtesy of Ged Wilmot  smile

Waveney - 01603 753 888 / 08457 928272
Barry Grainger - 0843 227 1645
Mastercover - 0208 236 3600 / 0800 731 3378
Watkin Davies - 0845 600 1300 / Instructor Cover Plus - 029 2062 9413 (Same company)
Oval - 0845 7697 323

"What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself."
Abraham Maslow

21st Century Women http://www.loisontheloose.com/my-advent … /the-team/

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#17 06-02-13 19:48:08

mdf0075

la.monikita wrote:

The list, courtesy of Ged Wilmot  smile

Waveney - 01603 753 888 / 08457 928272
Barry Grainger - 0843 227 1645
Mastercover - 0208 236 3600 / 0800 731 3378
Oval - 0845 7697 323

Thx this will come in handy  big_smile

part 1 - 98/54
part 1 - 98/62
part 2 - 4 minors
part 3 - pst2 5-5
check test -?

#18 06-02-13 20:21:19

Coasting Mart
Verified Member

here we all are shopping around for the best price  and what do we think of pupils who do this

But I don't 'take the pee' with my clients.  Insurance companies 'try it on' every year and show no 'loyalty' to me so why should I show any to them, in fact they just try and rip me off with an unrealistic price.  If they gave me an honest quote, then I'd happily stick with one who appeared to offer a good service, and a good policy.  In fact I've been with the same company for my motorcycle insurance for 3 years now, but had to beat them down on cost a bit and ended up buying it online through a comparison site to get the best price!   tongue   There were a couple of cheaper quotes but I didn't like the sound of one of them and two others had a very high excess hiding in the details and the other wouldn't insure me for other bikes.  So, at a realistic cost comparison and with some specific needs met, I was happy to renew with my current lot, having told them of some other prices and got them down to a realistic level.  Not had to claim with them so I don't know how that part of the service will go.  Hope I don't have to find out.  cool

I charge 25 an hour with a couple of small discounts available for block bookings and multi-hours.  End of, and as published clearly on the website.  I won't try and charge someone 40 next week for the same service, and when challenged reduce it back to 25.
Insurance companies have a very strange approach to marketing and unfortunately not enough public are aware that 'customer loyalty' is not a concept that the companies work with and should be responded to in the same measure.  sad

"I swear I found the key to the universe in the engine of an old parked car"

#19 06-02-13 20:41:04

geebee
Verified Member

good points coasting mark

#20 06-02-13 22:01:03

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi
It would be surprising if more than 10% of you are dealing with insurance companies,
9 of the 11 mentioned above are definitely brokers so some of what they quote you is to pay them, if they then comeup with a reduction it is by taking it off their profit, which is probably what they did the first year to get you to buy from them rather than a competitor broker.

Last edited by pegasus (06-02-13 22:01:33)

#21 06-02-13 22:33:09

Dalek Sec
Verified Member

Does anyone compare the cover that is being provided?  How good will they be if you make a claim or end up in a collision and off the road?

#22 07-02-13 07:48:30

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Dalek Sec wrote:

Does anyone compare the cover that is being provided?  How good will they be if you make a claim or end up in a collision and off the road?

That is the problem, there is no reliable easy way to compare this end of the service.

#23 05-12-13 10:24:38

TDW

Just as a reference. I telephoned Adrian Flux for a new quote on a Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo 1.6TDi (105bhp) and they quoted 339.99 where as C&A Mackie, who I am currently insured with on my Fiesta 1.6TDCi Zetec S quoted 630......!!! Good grief!!!  mad

Things fall to pieces so that other things can fall into place.

#24 16-01-14 18:17:21

russchaplin2410
Verified Member
Website

I found Adrian Flux to be the cheapest insurance for driving instruction. They give a discount if you are grade 5 or 6 which is nice. If you're a grade 5 or 6. Loyalty bonuses can often be greater than the savings made by changing to another broker it said in an article I read. It's not going top get much cheaper than 350 anyway.

I'm Russ Chaplin. I teach driving in the Nottingham area. I am also a driving instructor trainer. visit me at driving lessons Nottingham

#25 16-01-14 18:45:49

Coasting Mart
Verified Member

I think Adrian Flux is currently looking to increase their business, as their quote for me was about the same as last year, rather than the usual increase!  They also do offer a professional service when I've had dealings with them.

I can't say I've ever noticed any loyalty bonuses being offered by any insurance company!  Always worth looking at other quotes otherwise you don't know if you're being over charged.
Recently renewed my bike insurance - starting a new policy through a comparison site was 50 cheaper than the renewal quote I was offered!   cool

"I swear I found the key to the universe in the engine of an old parked car"

Board footer