You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 13-11-13 06:36:11

Tapeholer

Easiest car to drive

So what is the most comfortable and easiest car to drive?

Follow driving lessons Uk to pass your drivers exam.

13-11-13 06:36:11

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Easiest car to drive

#2 13-11-13 07:03:10

Roadmaster
Verified Member

The easiest is probably a Rolls Royce because they usually come with a chauffeur, and although I've never been in one I would imagine they are quite comfortable.

#3 16-12-13 21:28:44

dog
Verified Member

Had a go in a new E class Merc recently. The gear selection is done by a stalk on the steering column (just push it to D, it's automatic obviously). Climate control is automatic in 4 separate zones. Lights, wipers etc all come on automatically when needed. The high beam even turns itself off when you have oncoming traffic and then comes back on when it's clear. Cruise control slows you down if you get too close to the car in front and speeds back up when it's clear, and even maintains speed going downhill. Seats all electric, even the head rest goes up and down using a button on the door. Best part - you line up with a parking space and press a button and IT PARKS ITSELF! Just control the speed using the brake pedal and the car does all the steering, the satnav display turns into a rear view camera so you can see behind you and there's also a little graphic of the car which with the help of the parking sensors shows where obstructions are all around the car (even the sides as it has sensors on the wheel arches). The passenger mirror even tilts down so you can see the pavement.

You literally don't have to do anything. It has voice control so you press a button on the steering wheel and then tell it what to do and it does it. It's literally a car you can jump in, turn on, and just press the pedals and turn the wheel (you don't even have to do this as it keeps you in lane on motorways etc) and you can have a genuinely comfortable and enjoyable drive without having to touch ANY other controls.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#4 16-12-13 21:41:45

MAZ
Verified Member

dog wrote:

Had a go in a new E class Merc recently. The gear selection is done by a stalk on the steering column (just push it to D, it's automatic obviously). Climate control is automatic in 4 separate zones. Lights, wipers etc all come on automatically when needed. The high beam even turns itself off when you have oncoming traffic and then comes back on when it's clear. Cruise control slows you down if you get too close to the car in front and speeds back up when it's clear, and even maintains speed going downhill. Seats all electric, even the head rest goes up and down using a button on the door. Best part - you line up with a parking space and press a button and IT PARKS ITSELF! Just control the speed using the brake pedal and the car does all the steering, the satnav display turns into a rear view camera so you can see behind you and there's also a little graphic of the car which with the help of the parking sensors shows where obstructions are all around the car (even the sides as it has sensors on the wheel arches). The passenger mirror even tilts down so you can see the pavement.

You literally don't have to do anything. It has voice control so you press a button on the steering wheel and then tell it what to do and it does it. It's literally a car you can jump in, turn on, and just press the pedals and turn the wheel (you don't even have to do this as it keeps you in lane on motorways etc) and you can have a genuinely comfortable and enjoyable drive without having to touch ANY other controls.

There would be a serious risk of going to sleep on a motorway for me with this car, so I'll give it a miss. :-)

Maz

#5 16-12-13 23:31:18

Bob997
Banned

They are all easy to drive if you know what you are doing, the principle is much the same for any normal car.

#6 17-12-13 08:25:07

sofasurfer
Verified Member

I wonder what the examiners reaction would be if a pupil turned up in such a car. When I did my part 2 I asked if I could use cruise control and was told "no, why would you want to use that ?". I have been driving a diesel auto Vauxhall Astra for a few weeks while my car is in the garage. I hate autos and diesels. This car was a dream to drive. Trouble is now I have my BMW back I keep forgetting to put the clutch down when I stop ! Very embarrassing ! The easiest car to drive, my Ferrari. Just point and squirt :-)

#7 21-12-13 22:47:47

graham121150
Verified Member
Website

Have Reversing camera on the B class, and I'm told it will be on the new A class, even my old C class has most of the electronics, as above

follow on twitter, @MercedesSchool

#8 22-12-13 00:31:34

Zipper
Verified Member
Website

I've noticed that new models tend to have smaller & smaller windows e.g. one of the Land Rovers (can't remember the model name), a classy looking vehicle but the side & rear windows are very narrow top to bottom - must feel like driving from the inside of a letter box.
Reversing cameras & proximity sensors should be mandatory in all new vehicles especially the ones with exaggeratedly tiny windows.

I like the idea of automatic parking, and yes I like the idea of a chauffeur too, it makes EVERYTHING pretty well automated.
At this stage I would trust a human brain more than an artificial one, although the artificial ones don't have moods or get on the grog at times

RM, I haven't been in a RR either, I wonder if anyone on this forum has, because I've always been curious about them.
I was amazed to visit a "bush garage" outside of Darwin to see several Rollers (not the latest ones) scattered around in various stages of refurbishment - apparently the owner is fanatical about them.

Automatics are becoming more popular in Oz, I don't know if that is the case in the UK though.
I tend to get irritated when someone tells me "I hate automatics because I don't feel in control", I can understand their sentiment but on the other hand a good driver should get to know their vehicle and always be in control.

Last edited by Zipper (22-12-13 00:33:53)

Zipper ("G'Day Mate!")
I'm not 65! I'm only $59.95+tax
www.drivingnt.com

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 22-12-13 08:30:36

ratty

sofasurfer wrote:

I wonder what the examiners reaction would be if a pupil turned up in such a car. When I did my part 2 I asked if I could use cruise control and was told "no, why would you want to use that ?". I have been driving a diesel auto Vauxhall Astra for a few weeks while my car is in the garage. I hate autos and diesels. This car was a dream to drive. Trouble is now I have my BMW back I keep forgetting to put the clutch down when I stop ! Very embarrassing ! The easiest car to drive, my Ferrari. Just point and squirt :-)

I took my part 2 in a Vauxhall Senator and that appeared to really impress the examiner. He spent most of the driving commenting on the car!

I have taken a check test in a new Jag and my last check test was done in a BMW M5. The examiners appear to enjoy going out in cars which are bit bigger and different to the norm. When I contacted the test centre with a question about the check test location I spoke to the SE and when he heard what we were coming in he said 'I'll come out with the examiner in that'! sad

As far as easy to drive is concerned, I have a C63 Mercedes and that is very easy to drive. It's the only auto I have had which my wife enjoys driving. It is SO, SO comfortable, has plenty of power and lots of engine braking. Last week I went from Herts to Newcastle and back in a day, about 650 miles, and had no problems with tiredness or the back pain I often get in cars.

#10 14-01-14 12:16:47

lauralouise90
Website

All depends on your budget for comfort!

Online Representative of ATS Euromaster Van MOTs for Business Customers.

Board footer