You are not logged in.

#1 17-12-13 12:23:00

mon
Verified Member
Website

Check Test Today

Passed my 1st Check Test today.....yeesss.Not without drama though, as in all the rush this morning I was silly and forgot my R plates for my FLH pupil.I must say the SE was unbelievably understanding checking in the test centre for a set but to no avail then offering to let me drive to local shop to buy a set( shop 2 miles away) and anyway had no wallet with me....my pupil couldnt sub me the money either as no purse.Rapidly turning in to a nightmare at this point, my nerves had gone and I assumed I had failed, so angry with myself.The SE then told me to calm down and went back in to office on to PC and printed of Rs and brought them out with blue tac for me to attach them.
She told me as she had no other CheckTests that was the only reason she was so helpful, we then got on to cover RBs and making progress so on......my stomach was in bits as I started the recap, outlined lesson plan and finally got my pupil moving.I got in to the swing of things and conducted the lesson like any other, plenty of Q&A and IAR  finally making our way back to TC . After debrief my pupil went in to waiting area and result time with my debrief, lots of small things to work on but over all she says satisfactory 4....knowing that the start of Test was a drama, she told me just to keep improving with a little more remedail work and I would be fine.Merry Xmas....so glad thats over with for a while and that was because of my own silliness  as stressful as a PT 3....onwards and upwards.

From Striving to Driving.....Lurgan Co.Armagh

17-12-13 12:23:00

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Check Test Today

#2 17-12-13 12:42:59

MAZ
Verified Member

A bit of Murphy's Law coming into play here Mon, well done, it's out of the way for xmas, well done.

Maz.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 17-12-13 13:53:00

CantThinkofaName
Verified Member

Well done, it's good to get that first one out of the way. It must be Christmas with all the goodwill you had from the SE :-) Was it Carmel by any chance? Sounds like sort of thing she might do.

DKL Driving School Belfast www.drivinglessonsbelfast.co.uk

#4 17-12-13 14:10:39

AUTAX
Verified Member

Well Done Mon. Certainly nice when to hear of a caring official rather than a jobs worth.

Be Fear-less, go GEAR-LESS!

#5 17-12-13 16:34:19

mon
Verified Member
Website

It was indeed Carmel never met a more nice person in this game very good with the debrief aswell.

#6 17-12-13 16:55:12

CantThinkofaName
Verified Member

Carmel did my check test a few months ago and when got pupil pulled up behind a car to do reverse park and after finished briefing and about to do the manoeuvre another L car pulled up in between to pick up a pupil and sit for a while. Carmel could probably see the panic in my eyes and I was surprised when she just said "it's OK if you want to go around the block and find another car, that can happen to anyone". Some of the others could take a leaf out of her book.

Last edited by CantThinkofaName (17-12-13 16:56:00)

DKL Driving School Belfast www.drivinglessonsbelfast.co.uk

#7 17-12-13 17:36:58

TheGoose

Congrats mon, got the same result on my first check test a few weeks ago. Pity my SE wasn't as constructive with the feedback. I had Carmel for the part 3, some of the others could indeed take a leaf out of her book.

#8 18-12-13 21:09:56

Evan
Administrator

Bob "1st check test", maybe some nerves! What mon has done in his post is to warn others of what can go wrong if you do make a bit of a mess of your planning.

If someone can take a positive warning out of his experience then that is a gain for someone, and could help them from making the same mistake.

Do you not teach pupils rescue methods for situations when things go wrong on test?

Anyway I have no inclination to get into an argument about it! Merry Christmas Bob, mon and anyone else out there!

#9 19-12-13 00:03:52

AUTAX
Verified Member

Mon, don't think you have to explain, you don't. Enjoy your Christmas and I hope your wife gets well soon.  smile

Remember bob, the person that hasn't made a mistake hasn't been born and that includes you!

#10 19-12-13 07:57:36

martin_t
Verified Member

Haha! Love the Christmas spirit recently introduced by a new member.

As for 'professionals' making mistakes - millions do that every single day. However, I'd like to congratulate Bob997 on his God-like status. I wonder what it's like to be totally unique (and I do realise, Bob997, that 'totally' in this context is superfluous - just to save you the bother of pointing out my 'mistake').

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#11 19-12-13 10:57:05

Bob997
Banned

martin_t wrote:

Haha! Love the Christmas spirit recently introduced by a new member.

As for 'professionals' making mistakes - millions do that every single day. However, I'd like to congratulate Bob997 on his God-like status. I wonder what it's like to be totally unique (and I do realise, Bob997, that 'totally' in this context is superfluous - just to save you the bother of pointing out my 'mistake').

Martin, how did you know my name is god lol. Happy Christmas from someone who speaks their mind without being offensive or personal, I deal in facts>

#12 19-12-13 17:47:15

MAZ
Verified Member

Indeed bob997, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but then there are opinions and there are opinion, sometimes they can be extreme and not fit in with what is considered "middle of the road", which in this busines with such a large diversity of people, it would need to be. And before you say we are all entitled to our opinion whatever it may be, just remember, Michael Adebolajo has an opinion!

Maz.

Last edited by MAZ (19-12-13 17:48:14)

#13 19-12-13 18:50:23

AUTAX
Verified Member

You've been on this forum for all of five minutes (weeks) and you think it's your God given right to tell us what to do?

I think I speak for the majority when say keep those type of opinions to yourself.

Mon wasn't asking for advice he was relating his experience to highlight just how helpful this Examiner had been. Over and above the call of duty. He had made errors or mistakes but reading between the lines he was doing the job of two people and feeling very stressed about it. At times like that humans don't normally function logically.

If you want to be accepted on this forum and have your posts taken seriously and not ripped to shreds then I suggest you moderate your tone or go post elsewhere because self righteous posters on here are not welcome.

If I've overstepped the mark Evan or Vandadi or offended anyone else on here then I apologise to the Forum.

#14 19-12-13 19:23:53

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi
Agree entirely with the above post,but,from previous experience of the newly arisen 'bob997' he will have a thick skin.
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

#15 19-12-13 20:33:41

Gizmotime
Administrator

OK can we please keep this forum and the postings friendly, the rules are as follows, this goes for EVERY member on the forum.

http://www.drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/vi … p?id=40911

Now please stick to the topic and let's have less of the arguments.

Giz smile

#16 19-12-13 21:09:33

mon
Verified Member
Website

I would just like to say thanks for kind messages of support above, i have always loved being on this forum Bob, and your advice I take on board but I certainly am not a little easy offended type of guy, I know I had a slip up and it shouldnt happen to Instructors ever..I tidied car out and the plates for some reason were left out of boot....what can I say?? as stated above only posting my experience and hope it helps other guys or girls going for CT to better prepare.I didnt mean to assume that I know anything about you Bob and for that I do take it back, so accept my statement as sincere.I will keep posting and asking for advice on an invaluable tool in the Driver Training Industry.

Last edited by mon (19-12-13 21:09:56)

#17 19-12-13 21:32:05

VandADI
Administrator

I think what is important about this thread is what has mon learned from his 1st check test?
Quite a bit, judging by the sound of some comments on here wink
Seriously though, no one is perfect, we are all human and make mistakes, how else are we going to learn and strive to improve and better ourselves if we don't?
Yes, we are also entitled to our own opinions (albeit some harsh ones at that) of how prepared we should be, not only for check tests, but for lessons and anything else in general that life throws at us.
I would also like to take this opportunity to wish you all a happy, healthy Christmas and a prosperous New Year and to remind you all by all means speak your mind, but please do not make posts offensive or personal to the stage where it becomes a holier-than-thou slanging match.  smile

Board footer