You are not logged in.

#1 07-11-13 12:01:24

reddragonbus
Verified Member

SO.... how much does a bag of sand weigh?

lol  lol

I bought sand in sealed bags. I weighed the bags when I bought them 20kg each.

bought 30 = 600kg

It has been cold wet and miserable here since I bought the sand.

took a couple of bags out to weigh them again and they are now 30kg each!

so I have potentially been towing 900kg of ballast around.

Having tried a 600L IBC and now tried sand, think I am going have to go to plan C

LGV PCV Instructor DVSA ADI Fleet

07-11-13 12:01:24

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: SO.... how much does a bag of sand weigh?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 07-11-13 12:23:40

trunkmonkey

reddragonbus wrote:

lol  lol

I bought sand in sealed bags. I weighed the bags when I bought them 20kg each.

bought 30 = 600kg

It has been cold wet and miserable here since I bought the sand.took a couple of bags out to weigh them again and they are now 30kg each!

so I have potentially been towing 900kg of ballast around.

Having tried a 600L IBC and now tried sand, think I am going have to go to plan C

To be fair, it was cold wet and miserable there BEFORE you bought the sand.  smile

#3 11-11-13 09:39:26

dog
Verified Member

What's wrong with an IBC? I guess there is the issue of securing it...

What's plan C  lol

#4 11-11-13 18:30:09

reddragonbus
Verified Member

IBC is impossible to secure in a closed box trailer, it has a high centre of gravity and a 10cm ullage which means the contents will slop around causing the whole lot to roll over as you go around a bend!

#5 14-11-13 11:38:37

graham121150
Verified Member
Website

Think I said some time ago about weight gain.

Use bricks or blocks.

#6 14-11-13 19:52:00

reddragonbus
Verified Member

The DSA have prescribed what is permitted and what is not permitted, bricks or blocks are not on their list.

#7 16-12-13 21:02:32

dog
Verified Member

Bagged aggregates in individually weight marked bags, or a 600 or 1000 litre IBC

#8 16-12-13 23:07:10

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi
Bagged aggregates in individually weight marked bagsNot available commercially, or a 600 or 1000 litre IBC Not fitted with baffles so liable to surging of liquid and small box trailer such as are used by most B+E trainers don't have floor mounted tie downs/clamps to suit IBCs

Is the DSA fit for purpose, if they haven't researched this?????

Board footer