You are not logged in.

#1 24-10-13 22:53:34

Andreww
Website

Hi Everyone, this is my first post here and have just joined

Good to meet you all.
I'm a newbie to the ADI world and qualified only about 18 months ago so I'm still learning.
I love the role and operate in Surrey in the Guildford area.

May I raise some Questions please?
I'm sure there is a structured approach to limiting your mileage and not travelling over a larger area than is economic to do so.
I limit my mileage between lessons to a max of 30 mins travelling time though I try hard to group my pupils geographically.
Is this too far I wonder?

With fuel the price it is and the cost of maintaining a car ( I run a Corsa diesel), costs can be a critical matter.
As a matter of interest I average around £1 per mile travelled? So if I earn £200 in a day, generally my mileage will be around 200 miles.
Is this a very high mileage figure per £ of income in your experience?

These may I realise be pretty basic questions but I am learning and work as an independent having started with a small franchise run by two nice people which seemed good at the time and to begin with, but relative to my weekly costs of £60, I simply wasn't getting sufficient leads for the money; around 1 only per month if that.
If you belong to a franchise, how many leads do you generally get per month?

Thanks,

Andrew

24-10-13 22:53:34

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Hi Everyone, this is my first post here and have just joined

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 25-10-13 06:19:18

Roadmaster
Verified Member

Re: Hi Everyone, this is my first post here and have just joined

What mileage you do is entirely dependent on geographical area, and how far you are willing to travel from home. I live in the centre of a large town and can reach the majority of my customers within 10 minutes from home.  I won't go anywhere which is more than 20 minutes away.

Fuel and servicing costs are a fact of life for everyone owning a car.  It's stating the bleedin obvious but the more you use it the more it's going to cost.   You are at a disadvantage because you are lumbered with a corsa  big_smile

Buying a reliable car with longer servicing intervals and good fuel economy is a good idea, but running costs are a very large expense which no one tells you about when they advertise that you can earn 30k being an ADI.

I average around 1 per mile travelled? So if I earn 200 in a day, generally my mileage will be around 200 miles.
Is this a very high mileage figure per  of income in your experience?

No, it's not excessive.  Lesson mileage can vary enormously.  I can cover 15-25miles per lesson.

As for franchises, no one can guarantee work.  They are competing with the independents for the same customers.  The difference is you are paying them to try and win you some business rather than you doing it yourself.  As an independent the money you would pay for a franchise can be used to promote your business through advertising/website/special offers etc.  And as you get established, the recommends should start to come in.

Board footer