You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 11-09-13 19:51:36

MarkWxmADI
Website

1st time pass today - THANK YOU LDC

I did it... I passed my part 3 today and what an amazing feeling it really is I still haven't come back down to earth yet!!!

I had PST 5 - Mirrors, Em Stop / Progress, hesitancy & road positioning. I passed with a 4-4 which Im a little disappointed about but considering it was a first time pass & I never used the Pink licence then I guess I should be proud & happy with it, so indeed I am hehe the feedback was very good from the SE too so all in all a very happy, positive experience.

I was lucky as my SE didn't misbehave at all and only made the faults I was expecting (unlike some of the 'horror' stories you hear about), he also said he was impressed with the way I spotted everything but I need to be stronger with my analysis & remedial action. I treated him like my first ever pupil & all my nerves went away as soon as we headed to the car. I also took the advice from someone I read online that said - treat the test like any exam, no one is ever expected to score 100% in an exam (not even the experts) so everytime the SE makes a mistake (e.g. misses a mirror check or signal) they are asking us a question, so then we just have to answer the question by pointing it out & dealing with it..... makes sense really eh!?

A VERY BIG THANK YOU to my tutor who got me through parts 2 & 3 both with first time passes & has helped make my dream a reality so for that alone we will remain forever friends & he is a sound, top man too so that helps eh

Thanks also to everyone on here that has helped, supported & advised me throughout my training, your kind & thoughtful ways back up my decision to enter such a rewarding & exciting profession - something Ive wanted since I was learning to drive as a teenager wink

I am sooooo looking forward to receiving my green badge & becoming part of the LDC family VERY soon

Mark Beck ADI   big_smile

Part 1 - 19/12/12 - 1st time - 98/62
Part 2 - 03/04/13 - 1st time - 3 faults
Part 3 - 11/09/13 - 1st time - 4/4 PST 5
http://www.learningwithmark.co.uk/

11-09-13 19:51:36

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: 1st time pass today - THANK YOU LDC

#2 11-09-13 20:05:00

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi
Well done to you, great result.
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

#3 11-09-13 20:06:55

Driver99

Well done Mark!

Same PST - maybe that's the only one they do there! big_smile

Good luck with the job.

#4 11-09-13 20:08:42

VandADI
Administrator

Very well done Mark  big_smile
Would you like me to change your username to "MarkWxmADI" ?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#5 11-09-13 20:37:59

brod
Banned

brod wrote:

Morning Mark its good to hear you are feeling confident well done.
Your tutor appears to be doing a good job, from your descriptions of the role play it seems you are being trained for the real world, not just the part 3 test.
I would think, based on your commitment to this training, you will be very succesful. Please keep us informed of your progress.  smile

Told you so  smile
Well done Mark great result.
Was your examiner called Wayne Pinnington by any chance?

#6 11-09-13 20:46:50

Evan
Administrator

Well done Mark great result, all the best with your new career.

#7 11-09-13 21:32:27

MarkWxmADI
Website

Thank you all I'm feeling pretty awesome tonight!!  big_smile

haha Brod yes you did tell me so eh haha thanks for your support my friend, the examiner was called Mike Jones (I hope he doesn't mind me naming him!?) but I will say I had him for parts 2 & 3 and the way he deals with PDIs in my humble opinion is a credit to the DSA.

haha Driver99 I think you are on to something there and certain areas and TC locations must favour certain PSTs. I am looking forward to starting work very soon thank you & I hope things are going well for you!?

VandADI Ooooooooh yes please ADI instead of PDI would be fantastic if you could!?! Do I need to do anything or just leave it with you?? Thank you that's kind & thoughtful of you

Thanx y'all from a more than happy chappy wink

#8 11-09-13 21:40:39

brod
Banned

Mike Jones yea he's a good man, he would have given you excellent feedback.
He and Wayne work well together. Don't be afraid to ask their advice when you start as an ADI they are both very helpful examiners. They cover Chester a lot, no doubt you will also use Chester TC once you get into it.
Again well done, enjoy your drink wink

#9 14-09-13 21:26:44

MarkWxmADI
Website

Your right Brod he is a good man and yes his feedback to me & my trainer was spot on and left me knowing exactly what I need to work on & improve. I haven't met Wayne but if he's anything like his colleague then I'm sure they make a great team. Yeh Im based in North Wales but Im sure Chester TC could be somewhere I use at times!

I have another question for anyone that might be able to help???????.....

Since I passed the part 3 last Wed (11th Sep) Ive logged into the DSA website to register & apply for my 'green badge' but it says that the result for my part 3 test is 'unknown' although it has the correct date for when it was. It correctly states that part 1 and 2 have been 'passed' but because the part 3 result is still 'unknown' then it wont let me proceed with the registration???! Does anyone know what the cause of this could be please?? I would really like to get that green license in my hands asap hehe (naturally)

As always thanx to everyone in here for the help 7 support smile

Mark

#10 14-09-13 21:33:04

brod
Banned

It is normally done via the examiner and registrar. Not sure if still the same but it would usually take up to 2 weeks before you received your green badge.

This may surprize one or two but I actually trained Wayne to be an ADI!!! in fact (lets blow my own trumpet for a change) I will often meet quite a few examiners in the North West who I trained to be ADIs.
Weird really, taking advice from people who I gave advice to smile

#11 14-09-13 21:40:19

MarkWxmADI
Website

Ok I will just keep trying & checking the website until it lets me apply and if I get impatient then maybe I will just apply using the form the SE gave me when I passed although I do prefer doing things like that quickly & easily (usually) online!?

Yeh I can only imagine how strange that must be taking seeing all those SEs that you once trained. I hope they remember where they came from and how they got where they are today?!?! That's always something very important to remember in life I believe!

Mark

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#12 14-09-13 23:26:56

MAZ
Verified Member

brod wrote:

It is normally done via the examiner and registrar. Not sure if still the same but it would usually take up to 2 weeks before you received your green badge.

This may surprize one or two but I actually trained Wayne to be an ADI!!! in fact (lets blow my own trumpet for a change) I will often meet quite a few examiners in the North West who I trained to be ADIs.
Weird really, taking advice from people who I gave advice to smile

Prom:
Not wanting to pee on your parade, but, I'm not sure that ADI's that fail as instructors and become examiners are a good advert for their former trainers.

Although Wayne didn't last long as an ADI he has certainly found his niche with the DSA, a great "L" test examiner, he has tested many of my pupils, I have not personally experienced him in his SE/ADI role so can't comment, but he is doing a great job as TCM.

MarkWXM "ADI":

Congratulations Mark, no doubt will see you around, are you staying with LDC.

MAZ.

#13 15-09-13 08:01:51

brod
Banned

I would be interested to hear Waynes responce when you tell him he was a failed ADI. Why do so many ADIs belive examiners who were once ADIs are failed ADIs?
So all those ex factory managers (as one example)who became ADIs are all failed managers are they?

#14 15-09-13 11:00:51

tj

A few of my friends who left the Army at the same time as me and initially became ADIs later went on to become examiners - they became examiners for the regular hours, good pay, pension and sickness cover.  They would be amused to be thought of as "failed ADIs" LOL.

ADI, LGV, PCV, Dip DI

#15 15-09-13 13:04:30

MAZ
Verified Member

A successful ADI who can command a decent lesson price will be able to work as few hours as an examiner, take their days off when they choose to, and afford to have a private pension. Today's examiner contracts aren't like the old "men from the ministry" deals of yesteryear. Although I can understand ex military personel preferring PAYE to self employed.

People rarely give something up that is "successful", and I am sure someone who was not successful would readily admit it.

Maz.

#16 15-09-13 16:06:56

tj

How many "successful" ADIs have a lesson price that allows them to factor in running costs of the business, sickness and pension cover, service a mortgage plus fund five weeks holiday per year and still pay themselves a good wage - not many on here judging by the posts.  Most judging by the advertisements I see are living hand to mouth - ten years ago DIA reckoned taking all this into account lesson prices should have been  35.00 per hour then LOL.

Sorry for hijacking your post Mark - congratulations on passing and all the best for the future.

ADI, LGV, PCV, Dip DI

#17 15-09-13 17:23:42

brod
Banned

tj wrote:

How many "successful" ADIs have a lesson price that allows them to factor in running costs of the business, sickness and pension cover, service a mortgage plus fund five weeks holiday per year and still pay themselves a good wage - not many on here judging by the posts.  Most judging by the advertisements I see are living hand to mouth - ten years ago DIA reckoned taking all this into account lesson prices should have been  35.00 per hour then LOL.

Sorry for hijacking your post Mark - congratulations on passing and all the best for the future.

Agreed, good post smile

#18 16-09-13 14:06:29

MarkWxmADI
Website

Hey MAZ thanks for the good wishes, yes I'll be staying with LDC for a while at least & looking forward to seeing you around

tj thank you for the Congrats & don't worry about "hijacking" the post, feel free to chat away, its all good

Take care y'all & speak soon

Mark  big_smile

Board footer