You are not logged in.

#1 17-06-13 20:34:38

Jam

If you were starting out again . . .

. . . and money and distance were no object, who would you go to for Parts 2 & 3 training?

Thanks

J

17-06-13 20:34:38

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: If you were starting out again . . .

#2 17-06-13 20:45:37

Evan
Administrator

Probably James Dawson (hector on this forum), he has not been on here for a long time but he is a very good trainer with a proven track record.

Last edited by Evan (17-06-13 21:04:25)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 17-06-13 20:53:32

kaf
Verified Member
Website

Blaine Walsh.

#4 17-06-13 21:10:41

VandADI
Administrator

Proffesor Peter Russell  smile

#5 17-06-13 21:32:13

Roadmaster
Verified Member

My best mate Tony.  Fantastic trainer with a superb record of passes who charges by the hour, no up front payments.

#6 17-06-13 21:58:06

Jam

Thanks.

James Dawson and Blaine Walsh I've come across. 

Prof Peter Russell? I've read http://www.blackburnadi.co.uk/Thinking% … ructor.pdf so I guess I'm either stubborn or stupid to want to do this smile

RM - Tony? Would that be Tony Curran?

Cheers

J

#7 17-06-13 22:07:54

Lewinpeter1
Verified Member
Website

Hi
Someone who lives in a hot country lol
Peter

Dont press that,oh @@##!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#8 17-06-13 22:24:34

Jam

Lewinpeter1 wrote:

Hi
Someone who lives in a hot country lol
Peter

big_smile Guess I asked for that!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 18-06-13 05:26:13

Roadmaster
Verified Member

Jam wrote:

Cheers

J

No never heard of him.  My mate is Tony Pearson from Bolton

jam wrote:

Prof Peter Russell? I've read http://www.blackburnadi.co.uk/Thinking%  ructor.pdf so I guess I'm either stubborn or stupid to want to do this

That article is spot on, and anyone with any sense would take note of the advice.   If I was starting again now I certainly wouldn't be wasting any money on becoming an ADI.

Last edited by Roadmaster (18-06-13 05:32:05)

#10 18-06-13 07:03:23

Jam

Roadmaster wrote:
Jam wrote:

Cheers

J

No never heard of him.  My mate is Tony Pearson from Bolton

jam wrote:

Prof Peter Russell? I've read http://www.blackburnadi.co.uk/Thinking%  ructor.pdf so I guess I'm either stubborn or stupid to want to do this

That article is spot on, and anyone with any sense would take note of the advice.   If I was starting again now I certainly wouldn't be wasting any money on becoming an ADI.

Well, thats a nice positive start to the day!  Fair enough though, Roadmaster, thanks for the advice.  However, I really want to do this!  I'm new on this forum but I've been reading and researching for weeks and the more I read about the job and watch videos etc, the more I want to do it.  I'm not taken in by 30,000 pa stories (I'd like it of course but I don't need it) and I'm not doing this because I can't think of any thing else to to or am desperate. I've enough cash to train and enough to survive a few years whilst building up my business. 

I'm looking for an expert trainer who will not just take me throught Parts 2 & 3, but prepare me for teaching real students and for that, I'm prepared to travel.  Any more suggestions anyone?

RM - I've found Tony Pearson, thanks.

J

#11 18-06-13 07:30:31

Triplea35
Verified Member

South Coast would be Blaine Walsh,

London area, Tony Curran

and in the North West (Manchester) Ged & Claire Wilmot, Active Driving Solutions.

#12 18-06-13 11:00:21

brod
Banned

There are lots of ADIs you can ask, hang around your local test centre and speak to different instructors, ask who they trained with and and what they thought. You may find the same trainers name cropping up, that would be your clue smile
Trainers who have been at it a good while will always have a good (or bad) name and will normally have no need to advertise themselfs. Sometimes we can all be taken in by big fancy web sites and advertising hmm
Sometimes the best people to use are those who don't need to use big fancy web sites and advertising but have good reputations.
Good luck for the future.

#13 20-06-13 19:27:17

Jam

Thanks Brod, some good advice there.

J

#14 20-06-13 20:44:07

brod
Banned

My pleasure Jam smile

#15 21-06-13 10:44:41

Joe24
Verified Member

Kelly Brook. big_smile
Don't think I'd ever get anywhere with part 2 or 3 but who would care if money was no object.

#16 06-09-13 08:42:52

marconi1
Verified Member
Website

Hi all

Vandadi, Peter would laugh at your spelling of 'proffesor' one of his pet hates LOL

Professor Peter Russell is very ill at the moment but still doing his bit, I do some work with him.

Who would I train with? well that's easy and I mean this not from an ego sense but me..............

Or at least someone who actually uses the HIGHWAY CODE etc.. My research project last year shows that most trainers do not use this to train ADI's and hence the knowledge is lost and passed down by Chinese whispers

Now when is Peter going to get his 'gong'

Dave Foster MA, Dip.DI
F.inst.D.E.R, M.Inst.MTD, M.A.I.R.O, A.I.F.L,
Foster the Joy of Driving
http://dte-elite.co.uk  http://drivertrainingeducation.co.uk

#17 06-09-13 09:36:27

brod
Banned

marconi1 wrote:

Vandadi, Peter would laugh at your spelling of 'proffesor' one of his pet hates LOL

Yes I know that feeling of having spelling mistakes laughed at only to well. Very strange that Vanda's spelling was not ridiculed on here hmm I often wonder why it is only my spelling that is often pulled apart by "some" on here. Oh well ! not to worry carry on regardless smile

#18 06-09-13 09:47:40

VandADI
Administrator

brod wrote:
marconi1 wrote:

Yes I know that feeling of having spelling mistakes laughed at only to well. Very strange that Vanda's spelling was not ridiculed on here hmm I often wonder why it is only my spelling that is often pulled apart by "some" on here. Oh well ! not to worry carry on regardless smile

Quite rightly that I be ridiculed on that, I should know better. People think computers will keep them from making mistakes. They're wrong. With computers you make mistakes faster  big_smile

#19 06-09-13 10:02:49

marconi1
Verified Member
Website

LOL

I am bad at spelling too, yet because I have a Master's I am supposed to know..................yeah my Masters is in Driver Training Education...........I suppose its the education bit that people pick up on.

Did yuo konw taht as lnog as the corerct letetrs are tehre tehn teh msseage cna sitll be raed qiute nromally

Sapek soon

Dave Foster MA, Dip.DI
F.inst.D.E.R, M.Inst.MTD, M.A.I.R.O, A.I.F.L,
Foster the Joy of Driving
http://dte-elite.co.uk  http://drivertrainingeducation.co.uk

#20 06-09-13 12:56:50

brod
Banned

Try getting that last message across to some on here marconi roll

Board footer