You are not logged in.

#1 30-06-13 22:39:47

adi375

when should you start a lesson

Hi am new here been reading the post and decided to post a question. Was chatting to a fellow adi today who told me he  has a pupil that has had 6 hr so far.they normally have 1 and half hr at a time.what was told to me was that after 6hrs they still are not on the road and the adi in question is picking them up from home and driving half hr cross town to an industrial estate where pupil takes over.and then adi drives them back.they told me they start lesson as soon as they pick them up from there home address.so adi is driving half hr cross town then half hr back to take them home.1hour that the adi is driving.i dont agree with this as in my view pupil as paid for 1 and half hr lesson which they should be behind wheel learning . Instead they are only getting half hr lesson.in my eyes yes they well have been sat in csr for 6hrs but how many was they begin taught..as I said I dont agree with it.just wanted some other views great forum by the way.
Jim

30-06-13 22:39:47

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: when should you start a lesson

#2 30-06-13 22:52:41

adi375

Hi just noticed I posted in wrong bit .sorry sad

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 06-09-13 08:36:58

marconi1
Verified Member
Website

Hi adi375

There is no right or wrong only what is ok for the pupil at the time, providing you do what YOUR conscience tells you and your learner is happy then that is ok.

I have spent many times sitting over a coffee talking and the learner has had the best lesson ever..................

Remember Blooms taxonomies of knowledge, skill AND ATTITUDE, attitude often being a root of emotion and this can be our job too. Often we only concentrate on the skill aspect and forget that without the emotion the skill will be lost. This is proved by the amount of new drivers (and their loved ones)who learn a painful lesson after they pass

Foster the joy of driving

Dave Foster MA, Dip.DI
F.inst.D.E.R, M.Inst.MTD, M.A.I.R.O, A.I.F.L,
Foster the Joy of Driving
http://dte-elite.co.uk  http://drivertrainingeducation.co.uk

Board footer