You are not logged in.

#1 20-07-13 16:36:29

Shadgrind
Website

New user alert

Hi, I have just started on a pink licence, queue groan! I am working for a company that provides a car (55 plate micra, no air con 30 degree heat here!). They take half of all lesson fees, give discounts to all my new pupils, one for a tender or five for £50. I work 30 miles from my, so called area. Doing 65 or more hrs a week and after fuel, I recon I will make about £540 a month, BEFORE tax. They signed me up with promises of £500 per week! Full rate lessons £18.95-£20.95 p/h. It has all been lies! I want out of the contract, which did not mention the special deals. Anyone help out here? My outgoings before food come to £600 per month, as I mentioned, I make £60 less per month than my outgoings. I am distraught. mad

Going to the brink of death & back in a nine car pile-up, is much like making love to a beautiful woman. Brace yourself, hold tight & pray you make contact with her twin airbags as soon as possible big_smile

20-07-13 16:36:29

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: New user alert

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#2 20-07-13 16:59:51

Shadgrind
Website

Triker wrote:

Who is the franchiser and what does the contract say regarding termination?

1stClassDriving, I have to work for them for six months, after getting my green licence, before I can terminate, and then six weeks notification by either party. I am so hacked off. I cannot even begin to say. Strange thing is I love the job, the pupils, the life. But I cannot afford to work for them, I will not be able to fuel the car!

Thanks Triker, for responding.

Last edited by Shadgrind (20-07-13 17:00:41)

Going to the brink of death & back in a nine car pile-up, is much like making love to a beautiful woman. Brace yourself, hold tight & pray you make contact with her twin airbags as soon as possible big_smile

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#3 20-07-13 18:49:06

Shadgrind
Website

Blindspot wrote:

If its the right website there seems to be around 68 ADI's attached to this school.  Presumably most them are happy - they certainly look it.

This is one of the problems of the PDI licence - it's not designed to make a living out of and the way it works will be changed soon.

My advice would be for you to get temporary work alongside your instruction to supplement your income.

On 64 hours you should be raking it in - there's something wrong somewhere.

BSM used to put a ceiling on 50 hours and severely reduced the income thereafter

Can you dump the car and lease one more cheaply?

BS

Temp job impossible, 64 hrs a week at various times of day and night! I am wiped out, no aircon in car 30 degrees heat, etc etc.  I have just got to get out. I will still take my part three but not work as an instructor any more till then. Can't affordto lease a car either, the car fee is actually quite cheap 2 quid a lesson. Just the lesson prices are too low 5 for 50 quid, and I only get half of that! It's heartbreaking for me, it really is.

A lot of the problem is pricing, but moreover it's that I am THIRTY miles away from my first pupil most days.

Last edited by Shadgrind (20-07-13 18:50:36)

#4 20-07-13 19:20:45

Mentor
Verified Member

2 quid a lesson + 50% of the lesson fee, if I have read your post above correctly, is not a cheap fee. This is simply exploitation of the worst kind and one of the main reasons the current pink badge scheme is being phased out. The number of hours you are doing is nonsense and will not help you qualify. If you can walk away from this then you should do so asap. What you need is training to pass the part 3, not loads of stupidly priced lessons.

#5 20-07-13 19:58:47

Shadgrind
Website

martin Williams wrote:

You say you are doing 64 hrs a week and that your 55 reg Cosa is cheap at 2 quid a lesson. That works out at 128 quid a week or around 565 a month.

Get rid and lease a second hand dual control car for around 62 a week 265 a month. That's 300 saved.

Lots of driving schools have special offers like 5 for 50. I assume after that they go to the full price of around 20 an hr? So say after the first few weeks have passed you should be doing 50 hrs at around 20 and 14hrs at 10 the total comes to 1400 a week.

Are you saying out of that they take 700 and 128 for the car? If so they must be the most expensive franchise driving school ever.

You pay for fuel say 200 leaving you 500 a week or 372 if the car cost comes out as well for 64hrs of lessons? Not great for the long hours but a lot more than what you say you earn a month? 

After saying that I totally agree with Blindspot pink licences are to help with your training not to make a living.

My avg daily earnings 3 hrs at 5 quid 4 @ 9.20, a couple of hours waiting time, unpaid. Petrol to do the job 20 quid, 60 mile round trip and 6 hrs driving paid. Then two hours travelling back and forth, to home unpaid. Total earnings
after fuel. 22.80. Some days a lot more more some less.
Oh and where can you get a car for 62 a week??? I really would like to know that! Seriously! The hours worked and paid are two different figures, I leave home on average at around 7am and get home  after 9.30pm every day sometimes later. All I know is that last week I took 228 quid, paid out a shade over 110 in fuel. It does not add up! I worked it out for a month, fairly roughly. It may be worse!

Last edited by Shadgrind (20-07-13 20:08:04)

#6 20-07-13 20:26:05

martin Williams
Verified Member

Oh and where can you get a car for 62 a week??? I really would like to know that! Seriously!

Lots of places... How about a DS3 for 44 quid + VAT a week?

http://www.evanshalshaw.com/brands/citr … s_driving/

#7 20-07-13 21:21:59

AUTAX
Verified Member

Can you prove 500 per week promise? If so walk away. If not then still walk away.

Incidently the deal that Martin Williams has posted is a cracking deal.

I pay 264 for leasing directly from Citroen and Hitachi car rentals wanted 380+ last year.

Remember though that the deal doesn't include servicing, tyres etc.

Be Fear-less, go GEAR-LESS!

Board footer