You are not logged in.

#1 11-06-05 14:32:24

sheila

i failed my part3 LAST STRIKE I'M OUT

:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  I guess I will have to retake all the exams in two years time or is it three..............oh no what am  I going to do? I hear Mc Donalds pay a good wage these days...

11-06-05 14:32:24

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: i failed my part3 LAST STRIKE I'M OUT

#2 11-06-05 14:38:07

maybeoneday

Bad luck sheila sad  sad  sad

2 years from passing part 1 I believe

#3 11-06-05 14:51:45

bads

better luck next time

#4 11-06-05 14:59:36

Django

Get your Part I date and add twelve months and then you'll know when you can first book your next part I.

I really feel for you. So near yet so far. What were your part III grades? Don't give up better luck next time around.

#5 11-06-05 15:05:52

sheila

:cry:  :cry: my grade 2 and 1 pst9  ped.crossing never could understand them

#6 11-06-05 15:47:17

luchell

oh sheila i really feel for you.. who did you train with. sounds like another case of bad training?

#7 11-06-05 16:03:03

sheila

:cry: oh it gets worse I cant tell you who I trained with, as I was told to sign a  confidentiality  form  in order that they dont lose business as a direct result......blackmail i think its called.......oh wow is me.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#8 11-06-05 19:48:09

MrBassMan
Verified Member
Website

What are they going to do? Refuse to train you next time?

Go on - name and shame them.

Learn 2 Pass
Driving lessons in and around Ceredigion in West Wales  http://www.L2P.co.uk

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#9 11-06-05 20:53:24

leslie
Verified Member
Website

sheila wrote:

:cry: oh it gets worse I cant tell you who I trained with, as I was told to sign a  confidentiality  form  in order that they dont lose business as a direct result......blackmail i think its called.......oh wow is me.

I think if i was told something like that, i would be apprehensive about receiving training from them.

Leslie

#10 11-06-05 21:31:11

becca

I agree with the others i would not train with anyone that said you cant tell others who you are training with if you fail. The driving school am training with is pleased to let others know who they are and are truthful about how had it is to pass the tests and not every one has what it takes if they dont think you can do it they make you think long and hard about what the job involes and they take you out to show you what is involved before they agree to train you.

becca

#11 12-06-05 13:09:52

kestrelkevin44
Verified Member
Website

Oh what bad news  :cry: Its 2 years from the date that you passed the part 1 before you can start again.

The training company must be running scared if they believe that one person not passing part 3 is going to lose them business....just my opinion.

Incidentally did they make you sign before or after.....

The time will pass before you know it
Alex

#12 12-06-05 22:46:35

vickyrhodes

Hi Sheila,

I can sympathise with you because I've been there sad  I came back & did it all again & took my time - it was nearly a year between passing pt2 & pt3 on my 1st attempt. It was the same SE who I saw on all my attempts & he even commented on the improvement when he told me I passed, that was nearly a year ago. But what was even more satisfying was when my 1st 2 pupils up for test both had the SE for their examiner & they both passed(1 had 1 minor) big_smile

I would agree with everyone else - find another trainer, because they sound very dodgy! Ideally they should be more supportive. My trainer kept in touch with me after I failed, & I think if it hadn't been  for that contact I might not have come back!

Good luck 2nd time round, it can be done big_smile

#13 12-06-05 23:51:50

Shrek
Verified Member

Sorry to hear that Sheila,
I agree with the others - find yourself another trainer and if I were you, I'd name them and to hell with it!

I know it's easy for me to say, but try to keep positive.
You've obviously got some time now before you can start again, but you can use that time constructively to check out other trainers and get yourself set for your next attempt.

I'm sure that with the experience you've allready had you'll fly it next time.
All the best and good luck
Shrek.

Carry on Donkey -  you're going the right way for a smacked bottom!

#14 13-06-05 19:05:26

jeni
Verified Member
Website

Hi Shelia

I am so sorry you failed the part 3

Just to clarify for all the rules state you can apply again to go on the register 24 months from the date you passed the part 1

As to the confidentiality clause ?????????   YOU are the customer are you not ???? I have worked for and with many training companies and I have NEVER heard of this clause in 10 years !! -- would suggest you contact a solicitor as you are NOT working for them but are the paying customer

These contracts are illegal and if you contact a solicitor you will be told that -- If you cannot say who you are training with how can you recommend ??? OR DOES NO ONE RECOMMEND THIS TRAINING SCHOOL???  How can you take anyone to court if this is the case?? if you had a geninue complaint ?? You would not be able to do so as you could not name the training school -- ????   roll

Sorry never heard so much rubbish -- I am off to see my SE in one week and will run this by him -- He is hoping the training sector is going to be brought up by the short and curlies soon to stop this sort of thing happening

I think if this is the attitude then by all means find another trainer

Hope it goes well for you 2nd time round

I have 3 trainees who are on 2nd time round (all from the college)  There! I named them! but they have all been on here and said the same - some waited 1 year but most only 6-8 months

regards lol

Jeni

Jeni Holland ADI Driving Instructor Trainer (Passed Ordit 2006) Pay as you go trainer
www.abfabdec.co.uk

Poole Dorset 01202 259382

#15 13-06-05 19:24:10

Tablespider

Sheila

I think I know how you feel...., I take my third attempt on Wednesday, which is the last day of my two years....

At least if I do fail, I can take my part one the next day...  big_smile

Chin up, and good luck

Liam

#16 14-06-05 17:26:41

jeni
Verified Member
Website

Hi

Table spider

I am sure you will do well but in the event all goes pear shaped you will have to reapply from scratch and fill in another ADI14 which will take a while to process as you are reapplying

It is quite quick once the DSA have all the paperwork but I had one ADI who reapplied the next day as his two years were up and it took the DSA about six weeks to sort out as they still had him on the register

Still make sure you nail those faults and you will be fine

regards

jeni

Jeni Holland ADI Driving Instructor Trainer (Passed Ordit 2006) Pay as you go trainer
www.abfabdec.co.uk

#17 30-06-05 21:14:40

Rookie
Website

It is strange tho that many many PDI's have great pups pass rates, get many thro to a pass on their L tests BUT just cant pass the dam part 3!

It must make more common sense to maybe have an ADI SE sit in on their pups lessons rather than have all the expense and hassle, stress of a third fail? or is this too sensible?

WHY OH WHY can u not keep goin for Part 3 tests until u pass??? beyond me? if u pass in 5 hits rather than 3 hits? so wht at least u dowt have to go to Mac Donalds!!!!

I will ask the same quest on the other forum.

"Look at the whole picture before you judge". "Judge oneself before you judge the Judger"..... The Rookster.Nov 05

#18 30-06-05 21:36:54

jeni
Verified Member
Website

Rookie

You still have a lot to learn about being an ADI

You could make the pupils have loads of lessons and yes they would pass and you would have a great pass rate - BUT does that make you a good ADI??? or are they paying you to take them around the test centre routes? etc

A pass rate is no indication of how good you are I have a pass rate of 100% for last year and so far for this year since january!!

WHY - cos I only did 2 L tests last year both passed first time

It is well known that a parent can teach a sibling to drive and many do and the sibling passes first time - they have no ADI training

When you all signed the application form you are aware of the rules 7 regs -Its your choice to sign it and apply -  the part 3 with the correct training is easy and most of my PDI's pass first time - the feeling is if you cannot pass in three attempts then you have not received the correct training or are going to make an ADI

OK SO WHY is the part 2 rate 44%?? I have had 22 PDI's sit the part 2 this year and 21 pass first time

BUT I still have to do a check test and reapply to go on ORDIT every 2 years with another test

As I said it is a body blow when you get a PDI who fails on the third attempt and it does happen  :cry: - so if you can study hard and concentrate on the fact that this is a test of your abilitly to instruct on the PST you are given you have a much higher chance of passing

Good luck to all about to take the part 2 or 3   lol

regards   lol

jeni

www.abfabdec.co.uk

Board footer