You are not logged in.

#1 02-03-04 23:44:39

jonks

I'm not sure if this will be possible...

I'm not sure if this will be possible but I have done some thing like this under different cicumstances...

We now have 100 members on these forums and more are joinig every day. I think about 85 of the members so far are instructors.

When we have a few moreinstructor members, aqnd indeed non instrucor members that might also be interested in saving a few bob, I may approach a few companies such as Insurance companies to see If I can negotiate some nice discounts.

I would need quite a few of you to be interested and i would like to know and other services you ADI's pay for ther than insurance.

Who of you would be willing to change insurers at your next renewal if I could get a good % discount for you?

02-03-04 23:44:39

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: I'm not sure if this will be possible...

#2 03-03-04 08:18:50

Midge
Website

I've tried lots of other insurance firms, every time mine comes up for renewal, but I still find the D I A is best for me, but if you live  in some areas, others seem to be better.
I also use the D I A  road recovery scheme, but I haven't yet had to test it, fingers crossed.  Has anybody else?
Accountants could be another thing to try, although I always do my own.

Midge  -   Dip D.I.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#3 03-03-04 08:28:16

bigred
Verified Member
Website

Hi Midge,

I've tried all the insurers and you're right some are better some of the time. I have now gone for a fleet policy to save on admin time/costs but the charge per car is pretty high. Does anyone have any experience of Fleet policies?

As for accounts, again like you I have done mine for years, but have just switched  to an accountant who saved me £2K from the figures I expected, well worth the £400 in my case. All my instructors now use him as well, they pay £120 plus VAT and it's taken a big burden off my shoulders.

For the indvidual it would be reallyhelpful if someone could produce an upto date list of exactly what we can claim for. (Please wink )

Regards,

#4 03-03-04 08:34:17

Liesa

Hi Midge

I had reason to use the DIA recovery service about 2 years ago now. Someone was with me within 30 minutes of the original phone call.

#5 03-03-04 08:37:25

Liesa

I don't know if you'd be able to pull it off, and I know it's a long shot but, how about approaching some of the car manufacturers, to see if they'd be willing to offer a discount? big_smile

Just a thought!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 713

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 714

#6 14-03-04 21:42:07

Ann Gregory

Midge wrote:

I've tried lots of other insurance firms, every time mine comes up for renewal, but I still find the D I A is best for me, but if you live  in some areas, others seem to be better.
I also use the D I A  road recovery scheme, but I haven't yet had to test it, fingers crossed.  Has anybody else?
Accountants could be another thing to try, although I always do my own.

Have you tried C.A.R. Insurance Centre 0845 600 1300?

Board footer