You are not logged in.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home2/matthutc/public_html/drivertrainingtoday.co.uk/include/parser.php on line 787

#1 28-06-05 19:35:12

Hale
Verified Member
Website

Check Test Notification

Not that i'm stressing yet or anything! But can anyone tell me how much notice you get in advance.
I've been on a Green badge since Feb and have spoke to some instructors who had their first one well within their first year. I understand this would be classified as "Educational"  but nevermin, you can still fail it.
Wanna be well prepared!!

When i say STOP, I can only mean ONE thing!

Part 1 - Passed Sept 2003
Part 2 - Passed Nov 2003
Part 3 - Failed Aug 2004
Part 3 - Passed Jan 2005

http://www.hayleys-driving-tuition.co.uk

28-06-05 19:35:12

AdBot
Google AdSense Posting Bot

Re: Check Test Notification

#2 28-06-05 20:01:33

Troll

Hi,  I got 6 weeks notice for mine.  Plenty of time to get used to the idea - only problem I found was I couldnt plan the lesson til nearer the date, so I had 4 weeks sweating & 2 weeks planning!!

#3 28-06-05 20:53:11

drivetime
Verified Member
Website

As Troll Says it should be about 6 weeks.

#4 28-06-05 21:00:20

VandADI
Administrator

....I got 3 weeks notice.

#5 28-06-05 21:13:47

vickyrhodes

I got 8 weeks, so plenty of time for me to atleast get used to the idea & find a volunteer. It's difficult to decide what to do until nearer the time because I didn't know what would be suitable for the pupil.

#6 28-06-05 21:23:19

bigred
Verified Member
Website

about 3 years since my last check test, it took nearly a year to get sorted as 4 times they sent me dates at 3 or 4 weeks notice and each time I had a test booked and could'nt attend.

On another occasion the examiner couldn't make it. :cry:

I still think they are a complete waste of time, all you have to do is turn out a half decent lesson,  even dodgy/rotten/evil ADI's can do that when they have to.

Regards,

#7 29-06-05 07:38:43

adi
Verified Member
Website

I waited 3 and a half years before i got my first check test and then i was sent an appointment for one in London nearly 200 miles away which i promptly refused. Shortly after i received a phonecall giving me 1 weeks notice for one! Glad of it really, didn't have to ponder about it for too long!

#8 30-06-05 12:24:26

rachdrive
Website

Hi All,

I have got my first check test next month and was told about it 4 weeks ago. It is 2 and a half years since I passed and it will be a fleet CT and a Role play  :shock:

Will let you all know how it goes when it happens!!

Rach  8)

Driving is for life.........Not just for xmas!!!!!

www.boydsdrivertraining.co.uk

#9 30-06-05 13:03:01

Craigl

I've got my first CT in two weeks - a year since passing.  I think I've decided what lesson I'm going to do - the Right Reverse.  Not sure if that's a good idea or not, but I always teach it and my pupil hasn't yet had a go.  Fingers crossed...

#10 01-07-05 21:41:23

Ozzie

On my first one I got three days notice, I got a phone call on a Friday asking if I could do one on the Monday.

The last one I got about a months notice.

Oz

#11 10-07-05 11:09:35

Hale
Verified Member
Website

So, basically anytime then.
I think the shorter the notice the better in my case.
Just go for it! rather having six week to stew.

Part 2 - Passed Nov 2003
Part 3 - Failed Aug 2004
Part 3 - Passed Jan 2005

#12 10-07-05 15:00:49

PeterCardiff

When I had my first Check Test I did Left Reverse plus a bit of progress work on the drive to the area for the reverse.

I was told at the end of the check test that it is best not to do any reversing for a chest test as they prefer us to be on the move.

So think carefully about the subject which you teach for the purpose of the check test.

Try something like, Roundabouts, Junctions, Progress. It can mean the difference between a "4" or a lovely 5 or 6.

Good luck when you hear about your check test date.

Peter

#13 12-07-05 09:38:59

LSM

Officially they should provide you with at least 3 weeks notice of a check test, or you can refuse it on the basis of not being given enough notice.

I was given 2 months notice last time but, would personally prefer a CT at short notice (no time to get stressed out about it)

#14 12-07-05 11:41:57

pegasus
Verified Member

Hi
Generally, when you get a phone call for a check test, it's because they have had someone drop out and they want to fill the SE's day, so you are doing them a favour if you take it.

#15 15-07-05 09:19:07

Hale
Verified Member
Website

Guess What  :!:  :!:  :!:

Only gone and got my s*ding Check Test Notification in the post this morning.  They've given me six week notice.

I only !!!!!!!! passed my Part 3 in Feb - Cut us some slack  :x

So six weeks to stress and probably a couple of days before to sort pupil and plan it.

The DSA can appear very intimidating at times, it was like opening a letter from the Police. I know I do my job very well & i'll !!!!!!!! prove then - again!

Part 2 - Passed Nov 2003
Part 3 - Failed Aug 2004
Part 3 - Passed Jan 2005

Board footer